Thursday, May 11, 2006

busy, busy, busy...


While the fans and the pundits still debate the outcome of last night's elimination, there is no rest for the three remaining kids, as each of them have appointments in their respective hometowns to partake in hometown activities all the while being filmed for those always-fun hometown videos.

And because so many have asked about the Clive show, here's how it should go down, pretty much the same as it has in the past. Taylor, Elliott and Katharine will each sing three songs.
Clive Davis, music mogul extraordinaire who will also produce the winner's CD and who will be a guest judge, will choose one song for each of them. (He usually does a good job of doing that, too.) Then the three judges will select one song for one kid. (This is where one worries about the Paula selection. Last year she chose for Bo and selected Satisfation. In season two, she picked for Clay, telling him she chose Mack the Knife, the ultimate lounge song, so that Clay would stop being compared to a lounge singer.) Then, each of them will choose a song they haven't performed yet to round out the three performances.

But they have to travel home to appear on television, on radio, at parades, ballgames and Wal-Marts before they can even think of Tuesday.

Elliott is already home in Virginia, with plans to throw out the first pitch at the Richmond Braves' baseball game, followed by a flurry of activites tomorrow, including a television interview and a performance. At one point of his visit we should learn his judges' selection. [For Elliott's sake, let's hope Randy gets to choose.]

Taylor's starting off Friday with an appearance on Good Day Alabama, followed by a parade and a performance with his band. No word on whether he will sing over the loudspeaker at the Wal-Mart as fellow Birminghamian Bo Bice did last season. And I sure hope he pops in to the Rick and Bubba Show. That's always good for some great photos.

No word yet on Katharine's hometown plans. But, after all, she does have to travel the very long 20 minutes by car to get there, so they might be holding off announcing her itinerary just in case she's delayed. Are there Wal-Marts in Sherman Oaks? But when I find out her plans, I will certainly pass them along.

And of course, we're all waiting to watch
Extra tonight to see exactly which band is going to be offering fourth-place Chris a job. (Which of course now we know is the band Fuel.)

It's gonna be a busy week.

19 Comments:

Blogger Conni H. said...

Rumor has it that it is Creed that will be making the offer to Chris. Of course I heard another rumor that it would be FUEL making the offer.

We shall see.....

America blew it last night....the last man/woman standing should be the best... and as far as I am concerned, the best was voted off last night.

5:30 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Fuel. Check out this article:
http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1193395,00.html

5:33 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

I think Katharine will just be holed up at her Mom's house, getting last-minute emergency vocal lessons from Mommy Dearest...

5:41 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to the People article
Chris is stunned he was voted off - I say "Sorry Guy, America Voted"

7:52 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I'll bet Chris wasn't as shocked as Kat was not to have been voted off though. :D

8:31 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As per you site: this is how I think it will look at the end of the season:

3rd Place
Nikki McKibbin = Season 1
Kimberley Locke = Season 2
Jasmine Trias = Season 3
Vonzell Solomon = Season 4
Katharine McPhee = Season 5

2nd Place
Justin Guarini = Season 1
Clay Aiken = Season 2
Diana DeGarmo = Season 3
Bo Bice = Season 4
Elliott Yamin = Season 5

American Idols
Kelly Clarkson = Season 1
Ruben Studdard = Season 2
Fantasia Barrino = Season 3
Carrie Underwood = Season 4
Taylor Hicks = Season 5

8:35 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Oooooo. You're tempting me....

I'm going to do my predictions this weekend. What else is there to do on a rainy Saturday anyway?

8:40 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what bothers me most about this "shocker" is that Chris Daughtry NEVER thanked his fans.

8:40 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Poor Kat, she looks horrible in both Jennifer's posted picture and AI.com's.... I think she took last night harder than Chris. Where else can we find red backdrop pictures of the finalists?

Chris was probably too pissed to think about thanking his fans, becuase they didn't pull through for him enough. To me, that just seems selfish. But I only noticed that when you just said it, anon.

P.S.- This whole damn half of the country is covered with rain! What happened to April showers bringing May flowers?

10:06 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

And they say it's gonna rain here through Tuesday.

I haven't liked a single one of those pictures. I think all three are showing their fatigue and it was just a rough show last night.

10:19 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, Jennifer, I was just sitting around, thinking about AI, of course, and I came up with another "trend" of the AI seasons.

Season 1, top 2: boy/girl

Season 2, top 2: 2 boys

Season 3, top 2: 2 girls

Season 4, top 2: boy/girl

So if the trend continues (and I know how you love the trends) - there is no doubt, right?? It will be Elliot and Taylor in the finals!!! SWEET!

10:21 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Ooooooo! I like that trend. And it's all about the trends, you know.

And to yours I'll add another:

In four seasons we've NEVER had a male third place finisher.

It's all about the trends. :o)

10:24 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh that is so true. Do I dare to dream? I love the trends too. I want to hug and squeeze Elliott so hard. I can only imagine he is such a sweet pumpkin in person. I could just gobble him up. GO ELLIOTT!!!

11:04 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is no wonder that Chris never bothered to thank his fans, it's something I expected from this very COLD guy. (Hence the cold lifeless eyes and the dull stare.....JAWS anyone?)

He EXPECTED to win, because SIMON just about guaranteed it every week. But Simon couldn't convince the people who aren't actually tone deaf out there.

I'm about as ecstatic that Chris went home, as I was when Pickles went home.

Good riddance!

PS If he had any class, he wouldn't have acted so shocked and he would have stooped to thank his fans.

11:44 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris alert:

He's on Jay Leno

11:50 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to be humble and thank fans when you think you're so great! He does have shark eyes. He was so sure he had it in the bag. Wonder who was more shocked Chris or Kat? She should have gone last night, she's the most inconsistant.

11:52 PM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can put your name on a petition for Chris to be let back in on this website

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/541145038

3:32 PM, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a petition?????give me a break !!!!
i think america got it right.........

11:58 PM, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny how opinions can vary so widely. People either love Chris a LOT or hate him ... a LOT! I think we all know how I feel. ;)

By the way, I thought he explained it very well why he was shocked and stunned at his ouster. Gavingirl, thank you for the link. http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1193395,00.html
I know these comments will seem arrogant to some, but I think he was
just being honest. And I appreciate that. No false modesty. He was being told by so many people (including Simon) that he was going to be the next AI. And people with real talent KNOW they have it. So, I think it was too tempting to buy into the predictions. He's human. Sue him.

Anyway, from the beginning I've been a huge fan of Chris'. BUT, I never wanted him to actually win this contest because I think it would have been more detrimental to his career than a 2nd or 3rd place finish. And I think the past week has bourne that out pretty clearly. What I DID want, however, was for him to be top 3. He deserved it more than Kat. Kat has been rather inconsistent over the course of the competition.

So, I'm over it and ready to throw my votes solely to Elliot, who's been my other favorite this season. By the way, I really like Taylor too, but feel the same about him that I do about Chris. He doesn't need to win this to be successful. He's already got a CD of original music out (which is fantastic, btw). I just think Elliot would benefit most from an AI win.

GO ELLIOT!!

6:30 PM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!