Friday, May 05, 2006

our first spoiler?...

It's being reported that Taylor's dad, in a local interview, remarked that the kids will be confined to choosing Elvis "originals," as opposed to the many covers Elvis recorded. I'm not sure which songs that might exclude, since an Elvis cover usually outsold the original, but I think it's safe to presume that if Elvis released it as a single (that would be what us old folks call a 45...) it is fair game. And, considering the man had probably more #1 singles on the chart than anybody in the history of singles and charts, I don't think it'll be a hardship on any one of the final four.

And speaking of next week, seems we have our first spoiler. When asked about Taylor's potential choices, it's being said that somebody simply said the hint was right there all along. Right there on his feet.

Now, you take it from there.

I just wanted to see that shirt again.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh, I get it.

Blue Suede Shoes.

Blah, I don't like that song.

2:27 PM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think blue suede shoes is an Elvis original. I could be wrong but I think it was written and first recorded by Carl Perkins.

9:38 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Yea, it's a cover of Carl Perkins. That's why I'm a bit confused by what they mean by "originals."

Oh well. Guess we'll see.

9:41 PM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest spoiler of them all?

Pick up a copy of this week's TV Guide, and if you go to the story about the Idols, and the discussion about making home town visits, only 3 of the Idols are pictured. Elliot is conspicuously missing.

5:52 PM, May 06, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Yes, I saw that. Ticked me off, but also missing was Paris and Kellie was featured. No different than Simon going around saying Taylor and Chris will be F2, except that Kat is getting better. Blatant pimping is getting old; hopefully it will bite them by getting the Elliott fans, like me, committed to dial like never before. We'll see.

6:30 PM, May 06, 2006  
Blogger angelof_mercy81 said...

My mom & I both vowed to dial Elliott's line 'til our fingers bleed this week. I would love to see him make the final 3!

8:09 PM, May 06, 2006  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

Blue, blue, blue suede shoes.
You can do anything you want,
but stay off of my blue suede shoes!

8:27 AM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!