Thursday, March 09, 2006

moving on up: a simulblog...

Yay! We're moving out of the small studio with its ugly eyeball stage and into the big place with its sparkly and special big stage. But we have to get rid of four bodies before we can do that.

Plus Bo's gonna sing. The only thing that could make this better would be free beer.

Warning to our friends on the West Coast: this will be live blogging, published at every killing, so if you don't want to know, here's not the place to be. Until later, of course. Please come back later and rant/rave along with the rest of us.

THIS is American Idol.

Ryan looks quite handsome in his suit as he points to the odd-looking stools replacing what used to be the dawgpound, that will seat 12 butts at the end of the show.

We get a review of the guys and girls' performances from the last two nights, but unfortunately no revisit from the Easter Bunny. Bummer.

Oh yay. It's Bo. I'm giddy. His album is about to go platinum, and he's bragging about his baby, who loves Jim Croce and Skynyrd. Smart kid. He's going to sing The Real Thing, predicts he'll go home and carries the mic stand just like old times.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a stay from the group number tonight. After all, bashing the dreams and hopes of four young people is gonna take some time for dramatic effect after all.

Watching the commercials, it suddenly dawns on me that beginning next week it's the return of the always-cheesy Ford spots.

We're getting down to business! The women are lined up on the sofa of death, and Ryan informs them they're looking for the biggest loser. Lisa is given a stay, Melissa, who's looking stunning, is given a pass, Ayla is okay. Then without warning, Kinnik is shot between the eyes, told by Ryan that "that's the way it goes," and shows incredible graciousness in her exit.

Paula tells her to pick better songs. Paula, honey, she has no more songs to pick.

And Kinnik gets to sing the song that got her booted...

Now the guys are stuck on the couch and they and Ryan engage in a little useless banter as they try to fill minutes. Again, they're looking for the one who finished last. Kevin's grannies came through for him, Gedeon looks about to pass out and is told he's okay. Bucky is next, has to endure a Rocky joke, and is given a pass. Time for Elliott, who is safe and in desperate need of a new hairstyle. Will gets no mercy and no lead in. Why don't they just shoot them in the face with a water gun? Or an uzi.

Will is sweet, recognizing his mates, and I've decided everybody's wrong. He does not look like Bobby Brady. He more resembles Peter.

And he gets to sing the song that killed him...

He should have sung it like that last night.

Those Doublemint Twins crack me up. Not the blond ones. And there appears there's absolutely nothing on FOX, outside of Idol, that I would ever watch. [Commercial commentary. At no extra charge.]

We're back and gonna fill those silver seats with girls. We're looking for the second-lowest girl, and Paris goes a bit dramatic even for a teenager when she gets the first one. Katharine is told to switch seats. They hug. Oh geez. More hugging.

Kellie gets sent to sit at the big people's side of the stage and, yes, more hugging. Mandisa is next and Melissa, Lisa and Ayla are looking totally devastated.

Group hug. On the good side of the eyeball.

Lisa is told to cross the stage as the youngest in the 12. [Well, there went that prediction.] Ryan leaves Ayla and Melissa alone on the sofa of death and tells them they'll find out their fate "after the break."

Ayla is reminded that she's a basketball star. She's got a scholarship after all. Well, school starts in the fall Ayla, and you'll be there right on time. Geez. I was just starting to like her and now she's trying so hard not to cry. I hope they don't make her sing. She says she never cries as tears stream down her face. Oh hell, now I'm crying too.

Simon tells her she wasn't rotten. The song was. So they let her sing it again. What do these people use for brains?

Ayla leaves and guys are already seated at death's door. Taylor is safe and acts like, well, Taylor. Ace and his beanie are next, and he is safe. The tension builds as Chris gets all the drama like we don't know where he's going next.

Time for Kevin who hauls ass across the stage into Chris' arms.

Ryan reminds Elliott what he's had to endure thus far, invoking the name Brittenum. Holy crap, Jesse and Frank are in the audience. Must be out on parole. Get those idiots off of my screen now!

Back to Elliott. I was worried, but he's safe, and I'm happy.

And of course, with Gedeon and Bucky seated, facing the firing squad, the Brittenum Twits and one final song, we have to sell more damn Coke.

Bucky gets the good news, and Gedeon is still smiling. He's got the cutest dimples.

And we get to hear him one more time...

The last four bootees get to watch their tributes to the tune of You Had a Bad Day. Well, one might say that I suppose.

The finalists are partying on the eyeball as Ryan reminds us that next week is two hours of Stevie Wonder.

See you then...


tag: american idol

33 Comments:

Blogger Conni H. said...

I love that there is someone else out there who is as crazy about this show as I am.....

Could have guessed Kinnik....not too sad.

8:24 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Conni H. said...

LOL- how funny! My 12 year old daughter had just said, "no mom, he doesnt look like Bobby, he looks like PETER!"

Whose next? Kevin and Melissa?

8:31 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ayla's execution was the worst one yet. I think she was totally taken by surprise and so was Melissa. I am glad that the American vote saved her though.
You are right. He does look more like Peter than Bobby.
Hillaree Day

8:53 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Man! I liked Gedeon! Damn!!

8:54 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.P.S. I SHOULD HAVE VOTED!!

8:55 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

8:56 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Conni H. said...

anyone besides me TOTALLY surprised by the outcome tonight?

8:57 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did vote, for an hour!!! lol, oh well, that was a loss for sure! I think America misunderstood him. OH well, see all y'all on Tuesday. Great Blogging as always Jennifer.

8:58 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally shocked! Never guessed Ayla would get the boot! Melissa, you better nail it next week girl! I'm glad she gets another chance...but Ayla! I felt sorry for her. And KEV! whoa! whodathunk it...

9:06 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen....
GIIIIIRRRRLLLL.....
When I read your comment about Elliot POSSIBLY leaving tonight I almost got the vapors!!!!
Glad he got through, he's my overall favorite!!
He better not sing another lamee song like he did Wednesday night.
Sorry to see Gideon go, I was really surprised with Ayla!!
I'm really REALLY surprised with Chris, guess Simon must have sparked up a whole mess o' Grandmas!!!

9:27 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Frances said...

I've been so worried about Ace, Elliot and Mandisa. Now that I know that they'll be there next week, I can sleep peacefully.
But first, I'm off to type up a list of Stevie Wonder song suggestions for Ace because he's got to pull out the big guns now. Ace's good looks won't help him go the distance if he's singing the wrong songs.
Notice that I said only Ace needs help with song choice. I'm woman enough to admit my man has a weakness.
Mandisa is more than capable and Elliot has Stevie down without question. I hope he sings 'Ribbon in the Sky'

9:31 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

Did you notice how Paris jumped into the comfort of Chris's arms after Gedeon got whacked?

That girl gets around!

9:44 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

What are people across America smoking and why aren't they sharing?? Kevin over Giddeon??..

9:46 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

Is Ryan going to wear black every execution episode?
I suspected Ayla was in trouble. I think her inexperience caught up with her.
After hearing Gedeion nail "When A Man Loves A Woman" tonight, Kevin should be in his room prostrate on the floor, thanking God Almighty for being so gracious to him!!!

9:48 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Dave, have you noticed that whenever there's a photo op, Paris is there? Girl definitely gets around. And getting a little annoying.

We have homework: Find Stevie songs! And from what I hear, he will be there for the results.

9:54 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

I don't think I can handle two hours of Stevie Wonder songs.

9:55 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

Stevie Wonder Night? Holy Cow Batman...I can't stand it any longer.
How about we do a Sonny & Cher night. If we really want to have some fun, let's do Bob Dylan Tunes. We could try on the Beach Boys, that would be interesting.
Bucky and Kellie might enjoy a George Jones/Dolly Parton night.
The possibilities are endless.

10:45 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I am still holding out hope for a Cowsills night.

10:47 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I LOVE this blog!

Second, Kevin is horrendous...not to get all Simon, but he is like watching the awkward boys in high school musicals. I am so sad that he stayed while Gideon got the boot. I am hoping that Gideon will get a recording deal to do the old school songs he is so good at.

10:50 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Happy Hiker said...

What? Whaaaaaaat! Will, yes, but Giddeon, no. Not until next week anyways. Hoo Hummm... Survivor was a good one tonight.

Ayla... well she was ok, and I didn't expext her to go... but I am glad Melissa got recognized at least.

Untill next week.

11:29 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

Now that we're on the big stage maybe they should end each show with a group sing instead of forcing the latest fatality to sing alone.

11:39 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess my votes for Melissa helped!!

2:35 AM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Nelle said...

I am so annoyed that Gedeon left while Kevin remained. I felt that Gedeon's last performance far outshined the previous night's and wondered if he had done it like that then, if he might still be there. IMHO Kevin's voice and song sucked the previous night. It was good to see Bo again. I have a Stevie Wonder CD with all his songs which I listen to a lot. OK, I do skip a few of the songs but there are several I really like.

7:41 AM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention the extra long hugs by a certain hunky male contestant? Awwww, comeon Jennifer, it's okay, you can! LOL! I don't think Kevin deserves to be there, but he will be gone hopefully next week. Is there that stupid website up and running yet about picking the worst and keeping them in? Hmmm, maybe that is why he is there.
Hugs,
Lisa

8:22 AM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Emily Suess said...

I disagree with the whole Will=Bobby Brady thing too. I don't think he looks like a Brady at all. He looks like Fred Savage during his younger years on "The Wonder Years". Just my opinion though. I'm glad all my favorites are still in the show!

8:29 AM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to see Gedeon go. He was really growing well. Damned producers and their pre-favoring the voters by not showing some of the final 24. I really think it's time Fox shows us at least a little of all the people who get thru, or by the time the final 24 is picked, maybe go back and fill us in on each of them before the voting starts. oh well

But something I've wondered, as I can't recall seeing it happen. Could Gedeon and Will come back next year? Is there anything which prevents someone who has gotten this close from trying out again? I would think is Gedeon came back next year, having matured more and refined his style more, he'd cruise into the top 12. Even Will and Ayla could probably cruise into the Top 12 in a year (though ayla might be a little busy playing college ball, this was probably her one shot in the next 4 years). Not sure if Kinnick had enough or not. Just wondering if there might be a contractual issue that keeps a top 24 loser from coming back because I haven't notice one doing so, and some of them seem to just need another year to get seasoned more.

Please slay Kevin next week, I don't want him hanging around 6 or 7 weeks causing better singers to get dropped because of childish votes. errr. Go Melissa, I think her sound is nice, just needs the right song choices. Glad she gets another chance.

Taylor, Chris, Mandisa, and Katherine/Ace I think shot it out for the top 4, with Kellie the wild card. I just don't know if voters want back to back Carrie Underwood's. (can you imagine what it would be like if kellie were in last years 12 or Carrie in this years? Those 2 head to head, interesting huh? How would you vote, which one would be cuter, more naive, etc. Keep in mind, you'd have to think of Carrie the way you did at this point last year) hahaha

10:00 AM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE ELSE THOUGHT THAT AYLA SHOULD HAVE STAYED OVER MELISA AND HER HUGE EYEBROWS!!! I THINK AYLA WAS WAY BETTER AND WILL MISS SEEING HOW FAR SHE CAN GO. STILL LOVIN ACE! I THINK STEVIE WONDER IS A GREAT FIT FOR ACE AND ELLIOT BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW CHRIS WILL DO. CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!

11:38 AM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

Nice to see your blog so popular, Jennifer!

If there is a smart producer or agent out there, they will snatch up Gedeon quickly. That boy could be on Broadway tomorrow starring in a musical about some early recording star-- he is extremely gifted.

Some suburban mall's clothing and accessories shoppe exploded all over Paris last night. Get that girl a professional stylist-- FAST! (look at me, talking!)

That is my AI recap, lol...

12:21 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

Semi-finalists (those who get to the voting rounds) may not return, although people who get to Hollywood can.

Someone from last year (I forget who) made it to Hollywood in season 2, but then got cut. After some vocal training, they came back and made into the semi-finals.

12:34 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

LOL Albert, thanks. (But you know it's not the same around here unless we have your commentary!)

Paris did look like she got puked on by a Bratz doll, didn't she?

1:33 PM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Paris annoying.
Bratz doll???
Good one!!!
I was going to say she looked like
an amime chartacter from Cartoon Network!

10:24 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

Will was probably not suprised by his own departure. After the top row were given a free pass, Will looks down the couch on his row and sees Taylor, Chris, and Ace.
At that point he realizes he is a dead man walking.

10:29 AM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Becky said...

" and I've decided everybody's wrong. He does not look like Bobby Brady. He more resembles Peter."

YES! Thank you. I said the same thing as soon as Paula said "bobby". I was like...no.

I was surprised to see Ayla go. Ah well. My favs are still in it.

1:36 AM, March 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!