Tuesday, March 07, 2006

it's idol night...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Tuesday which, of course, is not Tuesday anymore. It's Idol night. And that means I have to dust off the old Magic 8 Ball, gaze into its wisdom and come up with four names who I predict will be ancient history by this time next non-Tuesday.

Pardon me whilst I chant. Ooooooo Magic Ball. Ooooooo.

The Magic Ball tells me something about fortune cookies with pizza and moths. Whatever.

The good news? They're performing live. And it's an hour. Guess they figured it was safe to get through eight performances in 60 minutes. Now if they can only make sure the judges are somewhere near the lower end of the crazy meter, we'll be just fine.

Of course the final eight women take to the eyeball to give either a finals-worthy performance or to find themselves at the end of the road never having seen the reportedly vamped-up big stage.

Mandisa is safe, regardless of what she sings, regardless of what she wears. It appears Kellie is safe, since her popularity continues to climb. (Let's hope she didn't try escargot this week.) Paris is probably safe. And unless she stumbles enormously or the persistent message board
rumors are true, so is Katharine.

So the final two spots will come down to a battle between Ayla, Lisa, Kinnik and Melissa.

Tomorrow the guys will hit the little stage, also in a one-hour live spectacular.

Chris and Taylor are safe, unless Chris decides to bail to join up with Fuel. Ace should be okay, despite an awful performance last week, which leaves the final three spots going to either Elliott, Will, Kevin, Gedeon or Bucky.

This may be one of the first times that the decision will be made there on that stage.

But I've ad-libbed long enough. This is one of the shakiest predictions I've ever made, because I truly don't have a gut feeling.

My Magic 8 Ball and I predict that Thursday, after enjoying a performance by Bo Bice, we will be waving bye-bye to Kinnik, Kevin, Melissa and Bucky.

Happy Idol night!

Your turn...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprised with the Melissa choice, thought her performance last week, if repeated this week will see her through.

Bucky seems to be wishful thinking.

Song Choice, Song Choice, Song Choice.

Here in Birmingham (Home of Rueben, Bo & Taylor) we're wondering if Taylor is saving up for the finals, or will he unleash one of his good songs tonight?

5:14 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Just to be clear, I don't WANT to say goodbye to Melissa or Bucky, because I think there are a couple safe ones who are less talented. I just think Melissa and Bucky have not had enough time to build support, even though both kicked butt last week. It was a tossup for me between Bucky and Gedeon, actually.

Pre-performance predictions are always based on everything but performance. I'm going to be on the phone for Melissa, because I think she deserves to be there and tomorrow for Elliott, who I'm worried about and either Bucky or Gedeon, whichever impresses me the most.

5:35 PM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We won't be hearing Taylor tonight because it's Ladies Night! There are several that really need to bring it on tonight. Kinnik is one of them, I hope she doesn't come out with a cowboy hat on again...

5:35 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

LOL Everybody's forgetting the girls and wanting the men. NOW! Me too.

I was remembering Vonzell last year, coming out in that hat and boots that her daddy got for her. They were awful, but the story was so cute that everybody loved her. And that was before she proved how truly terrific she was.

I miss Vonzell.

5:38 PM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!