Wednesday, April 01, 2009

9 becomes 8: a SIMULBLOG...

We're going to lose some more of the dead weight on April Fool's Day. (Let's hope they don't pull a "never mind, nobody leaves" act and hope that they pull a "check it out, half of you are dead" routine.)

David Cook and Lady Gaga are supposed to be the guests on a week that saw no mentors, no real theme, no Idol moments but plenty of filler. We're in for more filler tonight because despite trimming the performance show to one hour, 25 minutes (huh?), we're still being subjected to the painfully long 60 minute results.

Because THIS is American Idol. And this is a simulblog, where I'm typing as fast as the law allows while the action is happening live in the east, so if you don't wanna know, now's the time to take a nap or catch up with the absolutely terrific
Idoltry videos. But stop back by once you know who has bitten the dust to share your thoughts with the rest of us.

Because the show is about to start...

Over 36 million votes were phoned in last night, so Ryan concludes that this is the most popular group in the show's history.

Randy is still criticizing song selection. Kara invites the audience to boo her, like we need the extra incentive to hate her. Paula assures the other eight kids that she thinks they have the potential to be like Adam. Simon says half of the group could be in trouble. Megan waves at the crowd.

We get a very strange Ford video right off the bat. And then the kids, with Scott at the keyboard, launch into Journey's Don't Stop Believin'. This group has absolutely no dance ability. They have the pointy pose thing down pat, but the best they can manage in the way of foot movement is walking around in circles.
_____

The kids are on the sofa and Ryan is at his post. We get a glimpse into a day in the life of an American Idol contestant. They are busy taking pictures, rehearsing, eating quadruple chocolate cake and making sexy faces.

The lights are dimmed.

Megan is told to stand. And so is Matt. Kris too. They are told to stand on the far side of the stage.

Adam stands, followed by Lil and Allison. They are sent to the center stage.

The other three, Scott, Danny and Anoop are sent to the near side of the stage.

Ryan asks if one of these groups could be the bottom three. Boy he is using the word could a lot on April Fool's Day.
_____

David Cook is back (complete with his mom) singing his new single Come Back to Me. Excuse me while I remember how much I loved last season. :::sniff:::

He sounds terrific and gets presented with his Platinum record plaque. Platinum in three months. YAY!!
_____

The groups are standing on the stage, and Ryan has his cards.

He starts with Kris. He's reminded of his reviews from last night. And he's sent to the safety of the sofa.

Time for Matt. He says he has no regrets about his performance last night. He's sent to join Kris.

Megan is left. I think we all know how this is gonna go. She is sent to the bad stool.

Time for Team Adam with Lil and Allison.

Lil is sent to the safe place. Allison is told to join Megan on the bad stools. At this rate, Allison is going to be the new Kim Locke/Syesha Mercado.

Adam is told he's safe, of course, considering he's Adam and the only one left of the three.

Danny's turn. He's safe.

Scott and Anoop are reminded of their reviews. Anoop says Scott should be safe. Very gracious. And he's right. Anoop joins the girls on the bad stools.

We're teased with a Lady Gaga introduction as they cut to yet another hour of commercials.
_____

And sing she does. I'm not sure there are words to describe this. So I won't try.

Ryan asks Simon if any of the bottom three should be saved. "Just one," he replies. Bet that ain't Megan or Anoop.
_____

Ryan's going to send somebody to sit with the good kids. It's Allison. YAY! She hugs the others as Anoop and Megan lock arms.

Megan is told she's toast. Simon tells her she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting saved, and she should enjoy her "swan song." So she does, pulling out every quirky and dorky dance move in her handbag.

See ya Megan.

See you next week.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll bet that one person in each group is in the bottom three: megan, allison and anoop...

9:24 PM, April 01, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

I sure hope so, the thought of Danny or Kris or Adam being in the bottom is ridiculous.

Oh and Loved David and I remembered too Jennifer.

9:33 PM, April 01, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Cook is so awesomely wonderful - I will have to go out and buy his album so he'll sell a million and one!

AND OH MY GOD! Megan is such a dork. Gack.

9:44 PM, April 01, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

Um, she was awful! Can we vote off Lady Gaga?

9:52 PM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I'm not sure there are words to describe this." I felt the same way. What was that? It sure was interesting. I wonder what her full show is like. If I went, I think my head would explode.

10:09 PM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger chatdumpgirl said...

Lady Gaga makes Adam look mainstream.

10:12 PM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

Can someone please explain to me how Allison ended up in the bottom 3!

11:38 PM, April 01, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad it was Megan, but i think Simon was extra nasty tonight. I don't like this save vote the judges have, we all know they will only use it for maybe 2 of the idols.

David Cook looked and sounded great!

Lady Gaga? What the hell was that!
She made Megan sound good. Did they say she had the #1 song? What a freak!

Dori

5:24 AM, April 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: I like Kara less and less each week, and She looks like a big snob!

Dori

5:26 AM, April 02, 2009  
Anonymous JJ said...

Oh Dori, I soooooo agree with you re: Simon. What is the matter with him?? Has he always been so spitefully mean?? I used to think that at least Simon will tell it like it is and he used to do just that. You could count on him to cut through Randy's "for me for you" and "da bomb" crap and Paula's nonsensical ramblings and say what needed to be said. This year though, I don't know.. he seems to take a bad performance personally and just attack the performer! What he said to Megan last night when she was told she had the lowest number of votes was utterly uncalled for. Yes, she said she didn't care what Simon said about her last night (though she at least tempered it with an "I love you Simon but")... but what was she supposed to say given the nastiness of his comments the previous night?? He needs to back off, he really does.

9:43 AM, April 02, 2009  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Hey everyone~

This is my first post this season! Things have been so crazy busy for me that I haven't been able to converse with everyone. Doesn't mean I'm not reading Jenn, Kristi, and Dave's blogs though. So here goes my opinionated rambles...

Adam and Allison are my favorite this season.

I know many people don't like Adam, but I'm really into his style. He's so unique, and for someone who grew up in Hollywood, I'm surprised he hasn't become more popular sooner! Besides, anyone who's a fan of David Bowie is a fan of mine. (Btw, I hope he does Bowie next week.)

Allison is absolutely amazing. I love her raspy rock-edge voice. I wish she had a bigger fan base, because I think that's why she's keeps going into the bottom 3. As for how she looked, as much as I loved it,who cares what anyone else thought! This is a singing competition, isn't it? But we all know that by season 8, singing isn't really a factor any more.

Kris has really grown on me. I think he could make the finals if he keeps playing his cards right and singing the right songs.

Danny is good, but he's starting to become a little tiring for me. He has too big of a fan-base, though, to even be put in the bottom. (Did you see his face when he was told he was safe? It was so smug looking.)

Matt's followers, on the other hand, arent as big. I think he has an amazing voice, though. He needs to do some really great performances in the next couple weeks to stay on top.

Sorry to say but I think Lil needs to go, I don't care how cute her kids are. She's not as good as people think, or as the judges think. She reminds me of Fantasia and that just irks me to no end. But again, shes got a huge pack of followers so she will hang around. The judges would save her if she went anyways.

Anoop has good weeks and bad weeks. He can afford to go now. And since he wants to make an R&B album, I'm all set.

Who did I miss? Oh yeah, Scott. I don't care if he's blind, I don't care if he's an amazing piano player. His voice is NOT that great, and I don't think he should be on the show. Why didn't he try out for America's Got Talent? Ugh, he needs to go too!

Great to be back for another season. Jennifer, great job on the blog as usual!

5:58 PM, April 02, 2009  
Anonymous chrisROCKS said...

YAY!!! And the peasants rejoice...

8:04 PM, April 03, 2009  
Anonymous chrisROCKS said...

P.S. I'm listening to my David Cook cd right now. :D

8:04 PM, April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!