Tuesday, March 10, 2009

13 is not a lucky number...

Thirteen? Weren't twelve enough? What, they want to kill us?

While I'm thrilled that 13 slots allowed Anoop to get through despite the glut of male finalists and Idol's notorious need for gender equity, I would just like to know how many of these performance shows are going to stretch to the two-hour-too-long format.

Of course it means a double elimination probably during the first week. Very season one-ish of them.

And we're being promised (or threatened with, depending on your perspective) a huge surprise twist and a couple of unannounced guests for tomorrow's results night. And that's in addition to the already-announced return of Kelly Clarkson who is hawking her new CD which hit the stores today.

And it seems tonight's theme is the music of Michael Jackson. (One warning: if any one of them dares cover the Cook cover of Cornell cover of Billie Jean, I will personally reach my hand through the television screen and disembowel them. Just sayin'.)

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your well wishes last week when I was a guest at the local hospital. It was my first-ever stay in one of those places and I feel very certain that I do not want to ever in my entire life patronize another. (And yes, I got Jello on every tray and yes the cafeteria just got it right back.) I especially want to thank you for the play-by-play in the comment section. I enjoyed that version much more than I enjoyed anything I watched on the TiVo.

I am working at getting better. It's going to be awhile before I'm anywhere near 100%, and I know this, so I'm trying to be patient. (HA! Medical pun!) I do know that I will tell the world how much I detest tonight's performances, but it won't be tonight. Sometime tomorrow. But I'm making every plan to simulblog the Wednesday show.

So eat up the comment section, hooping and hollering as this not-yet-impressive-in-even-the-remotest-sense season gets underway. By this time last season I had downloaded at least five performances from iTunes. This year I've spent more time deleting episodes from my DVR.

It's going to be a long spring.

Have fun. See you tomorrow!

14 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

YAY! The mosh pit is now a video monitor!!

8:40 PM, March 10, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

Do you think they did away with the viewer phone calls, too?

Glad to see you're back!

8:45 PM, March 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way welcome back!! Oh and I heart Danny!!

9:00 PM, March 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit they are doing far better than I expected - in other words, no one has sucked too bad.
(Although do not totally love anyone yet)

And actually a better first night than what DWTS had last night.

Connie

9:03 PM, March 10, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

They front-loaded the show with the TCOs. I wonder if the later singers can hang with them.

9:08 PM, March 10, 2009  
Blogger jennifer said...

Well, through Allison, I have to say I am impressed so far.

9:09 PM, March 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your home Jennifer! Hospitals are no fun. Worse then the food is the fact that you really can't sleep.

Anybody have an idea what the change will be for tomorrow?

Dori

10:11 PM, March 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably that the judges with have a say in who stays and goes. I totally heart Danny, Adam and Allison. Alexis and Scott were good. Anoop and Jorge were the only ones I thought did terrible Megan being close behind them. Funniest part of the night was Jorge " well I wasn't going to sing Bad by Michael Jackson"
Simon " well you kind of did"

10:22 PM, March 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was also surprised, they were better than i thought. Adam is just amazing, i adore him.

12:15 AM, March 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allison, Adam.

'Nuff said.

1:05 AM, March 11, 2009  
Blogger angelof_mercy81 said...

Megan's song choice totally surprised me. I wasn't sure what I expected, but it wasn't "Rockin' Robin."

Adam, Allison, and Danny were my favorites of the night, although Alexis gets an honorable mention. I'm curious to see what the "surprise twist" is tonight.

8:48 AM, March 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was one of the best episodes of American Idol I've ever seen - maybe it's because my expectations were so low, and therefore so far exceeded. But almost everyone did a great job!

If the two leaving were based on song performance last night, they should be Jasmine and Anoop. But Anoop will be safe because he's so popular.

9:43 AM, March 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although Megan's song choice was not the best and she may not be the best, I think she has a very distictive voice. Very recognizable and good-not great, but good.

12:03 PM, March 11, 2009  
Blogger Nelle said...

I am so weird. I have had such good experiences with my many hospital visits that it's kind of my "home away from home". People find that strange. I once did a four month stint there and I always go to the same one. My hospital lets you order your food from a menu all day, great food, catered actually by a large hotel chain. Next time come here! NO jello.

6:39 PM, March 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!