Thursday, February 26, 2009

crazy days and normund...

I hate to admit this, but I'm gonna anyway. Outside of what I've caught from last night online, I haven't watched the show, and really don't intend to. (Mainly because my day has been crazed, and I can't squeeze enough time in to watch and write and still be ready for the results.

Besides, y'all have convinced me the show, once again, stunk up the joint.

So I'll give you a brief, but heartfelt, review of what I have been able to see.

I think Alison is a lock to advance. She stole the show and pretty much, at least for me, is my favorite going into the final 12. Adam put on a good, but like Randy said, manic performance that just was too big for that small stage. I wish he would have saved that one for the big stage and brought it down a notch, but hey, he's going to advance based on face time alone. Plus he's talented, so he deserves to move on.

The others I've watched were, well, average to below average. But the one thing I want, even though I doubt I'll get it tonight, is for Nick/Normund to advance. Yes, I agree, he has no place on this show. His act is better suited for the overall variety show like America's Got Talent.

However, when I can't even must enough enthusiasm for this season to sit down and watch and can't garner, for the first time writing this blog, enough energy to even want to review the whole shebang, well, I need something more than mediocre singers singing karaoke.

I want to be entertained. And in all the times today when I could have caught some of the other contestants, I rewatched (and laughed again) Normand making his song his own.

This season is bordering on Season Six dull. And just like season six, when Sanjaya pretty much carried the first half of the season, not because he was a talented singer (because he wasn't) but because he was unpredictable in a sea of predictability. People tuned in to see what he would do, and the show didn't tank. Normand will save this season in the same way. He won't win, nor should he. But he will sell tour tickets. And he may just make me want to watch, if for nothing else, than to see how far he can push Simon into high blood pressure meds.

And four judges is too many. One of them needs to go.

I will see you tonight! Brooke White is the returning alumna hawking her new iTunes offering. Hope she remembers her lyrics.

On second thought, no I don't.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wasn't it funny how Adam said he realized he needed to tone it down a little, and then didn't tone it down at all?

And I agree with you about Nick/Normund.

6:25 PM, February 26, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some Nick/ Normund I want him around. If he doesn't make it tonight, maybe for the comeback show.

8:09 PM, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

If he didn't get voted through, I'll bet Nick doesn't make it back for the Wild Card round. Tatiana is probably gone for good, too.

8:46 PM, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

You hit the nail on the head. This season is boring and headed the way of season six but without a Sanjaya to keep us watching. I hope TPTB read your blog. They should know it's bad when you can't be bothered to watch and blog a show. I've watched Normund a number of time and plan to watch him again..it was GREAT!!

10:30 PM, February 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!