Thursday, February 26, 2009

12 minus 9 plus three equals six...

And that's how many kids we will have in the pool at the end of tonight's second result episode.

After yet another excuse for a performance show, we're going to whittle the field a little more. Because THIS is American Idol. And this is a simulblog, where I'm typing as the action is unfolding on the East Coast, so if you are in the West and want to be surprised, it's time to leave.

If you want to be spoiled, though, hang out. Because the show has begun.

Ryan starts the show off in the typical fashion, before dramatically asking America "what have you done?" just as he gazes at Normund Gentle, the guy I have a crush on.

And after reminding us how each of the kids got to this point, we're treated to a group sing!! It has a lot of snappy dance moves and even more bad singing. Whew. That finally ends.

And Ryan throws us to a commercial by promising an unseen audition when we return.


_____

Random thought: I love the Etrade commercials with the little babies. Can't help it.

We get to see last night's highlights. Oh yea! And here I've tried so hard to avoid them. Alas.

Ryan asks a selection of the kids assorted time-filling questions. Danny, Alexis and Michael are sitting behind three brand new shiny stools.

Alison is summoned to join Ryan. She gets reminding of how great the judges thought she was. She is sent to the side and Jessie is called. She is also shuffled aside and Matt B. is brought up.

Randy is asked which of the three will make the 12. He hopes that it's Alison. And it is. And she sings.
_____

Alison says she is "so happy." And we're happy for her. Megan is brought to the stage. She gets her reviews. Kris is also at the stage and gets his reviews. Both are shuffled to the side.

Matt G. and Jeanine are put through the same treatment. One of them is a finalist. Paula is asked which one she thinks it is. She says she's torn between three of the four of them.

Ryan puts Jeanine out of her misery with a trip back to the sofa. Matt is also sent away, leaving Kris and Megan are left. Kara starts babbling and goes on about two days too long. Kris Allen is given the good news.

And he gets to sing again.
_____

Okay, now I'm getting a little angry. There is absolutely no reason for these results shows to be more than 30 minutes. They named two of the three, they've done their group sing. And now they're just killing time by rerunning the "What a Wonderful World" retrospective that they showed on the season premiere.

Pardon me while I gripe.

Brooke is back. She's sitting at a keyboard and gives a rah rah speech to the contestants. She looks good and sounds just like Brooke. It's an okay song, very Carole King-ish. Hopefully she'll get lots of downloads. It's available on iTunes, you know.
_____

The rest of the cast is brought to the eyeball. Mishavonna says she stands by her song choice. Kai says he has no regrets. Jasmine says she has no clue what's going to happen. Those three are given the bad news and their pink slips to the sofa, leaving us with Nick/Normund and Adam.

And we have a break...
_____

When we return the guys are given their reviews from the night before. Nick/Normund is told he is leaving and Adam is sticking around. And Adam gets to sing. Again.

And with that we're at six, half of the final field.

Next week we have a performance episode on Tuesday with the results the next night, followed by the Thursday Wildcard episode, details of which are sketchy at best. I'll be seeing you then.

But in the meantime, what are your thoughts of this week and this season in general? Leave them in the comments!


16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Danny and Adam, but for the rest I'm not sure about. I know I want Nick/ Normund to stay around longer he adds excitement.

9:08 PM, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

As much as I love the Wild Card format, the lesson of this season is this: Face Time matters. Even though some of the most (over) exposed (Tatiana, Kai, Nick/Norman) are gone, the people who we have seen before are doing the best.

Oh, and don't forget that The Pimp Spot is money.

9:17 PM, February 26, 2009  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm still sad the Osmond kid didn't make it. Almost stopped watching when I saw that. As for that Adam kid...current? Relevant? I'm sorry, but am I the ONLY ONE to see he is a perfect clone of an 80s hairband diva (minus the hair)? He is Brett Michaels from Poison, Tom Keifer of Cinderella, and most especially, Sabastian Bach from Skid Row all rolled into one! I am NOT objecting, mind you. I was a HUGE fan of heavy metal back in the day. But how can the judges not see it? Especially Paula who was an 80s diva and RANDY who played with Journey (a hair band forerunner).

6:06 AM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, I couldn't agree with you more! The moment I heard his voice I was taken back to what are some of my favorite bands. But I too wonder how the judges have missed that quality. (BTW, am I the only one that thinks David Cook's new song has a few "hair band" sounds to it)

6:18 AM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well one person (Kris Allen)with NO face time prior to Wed. performance made it through. Or if he did have any I sure as heck blanked it. I'm not sure what I thought of last night's results. Yes, Alison should have been put through so that's good. We knew Adam would be so that's no surprise but I just don't warm to the guy. He does absolutely nothing for me. I'm sad that neither Jesse (very talented imo) nor Megan were saved. I'm disappointed but I didn't vote so I can't complain. So far it's just two females to four males. But the wild card round should take care of gender equalization issues. I'm glad Normund is gone.. yes, he made me laugh and yes he added some interest to the show but it's not America's Next Comic!!!
I'm with you Jennifer on the hohumness of this season.. at least so far, and I don't see how that can change much at this point. I didn't watch the show in it's infancy so am not familiar with the wild card as yet.. but I'm not so sure I like it. Time will tell. Oh, I forgot about Brooke.. I was reminded once again how bored to tears she made me. I know.. she was a huge favorite with many of you, I just wasn't a fan.

9:35 AM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad they got rid of Nick/Norman. He is a funny guy, but that's not what the show is about. He didn't have a bad voice, who knows, if he played it straight what he could do.

Can't wait to see who the wild cards are.

Dori

10:51 AM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying to see the wild cards, too.

11:45 AM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Jesse was obnoxious with all the sassy backtalk and attitude and wiggling around and funny faces. Ugh! I wanted to like her but she turned me off. And I thought her song choice was an interesting one, but a stupid one to sing in a competition.

Megan was off key the entire time and shrieking and screeching. I get that she's beautiful but she hurt my ears. I think she may have just been extremely nervous, though, so she might still be a good wild card.

2:16 PM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I thought Nick was hilarious and kind of wish he could have Ryan Seacrest's job...

2:17 PM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a GREAT idea!! What he could do to Simon!! oh the imagery!!

3:54 PM, February 27, 2009  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

If you're one of three called to the eyeball and there are still two left on the couch...you are toast! We all had a clue, Jasmine just wasn't allowed to be the buzz kill by spoiling the results show 15 minutes early.

8:04 PM, February 27, 2009  
Blogger Nelle said...

The night of the results I was in the bathroom sick and didn't even make it downstairs to DVR it. I didn't even know who won!

4:14 PM, February 28, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if they're going to end up with 6 girls and 6 guys, that means at MOST there's only ONE guy spot left after group 3 goes - that's if only the "top guy" of group three + 2 girls make it.

so we can't have Anoop AND Ricky Braddy AND Matt Giraud in the top 12 - only one of them can make it.

3:03 PM, March 01, 2009  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

There is no guarantee that there will be gender equity this season. It could very will start with 8 guys and 4 girls this season.

11:34 PM, March 01, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right - i just read on mjsbigblog that TPTB confirmed that it doesn't have to be even boys/girls - and gives some more info about the wildcard round...

10:04 AM, March 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**As for that Adam kid...current? Relevant? I'm sorry, but am I the ONLY ONE to see he is a perfect clone of an 80s hairband diva (minus the hair)?**

OMG!! I wasn't thinking hair band, but I can see that. My first thought was Duran Duran!!

3:39 PM, March 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!