Tuesday, May 20, 2008

this just in...

It's down to hours before the last performance episode of the seventh season, and spoilers are coming in.

Here's what we know about tonight:

Archuleta will sing Imagine, a reprise from his semi-final competition.

NEW! David Cook will become the first American Idol to get clearance for a U2 song in competition, and will sing Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

As more song spoilers come in, they will be added here.

But while we're waiting for tonight's news, how about one more trip down finale memory lane, ending with my personal favorite moment - evah.

It was season four, which had been a refreshing one after the dismal season three. The finale promised the "biggest medley yet" and did it ever deliver. Each of the 12 kids got time with a celebrity guest, including a stunning performance by Vonzell Solomon with Billy Preston, but the highlight was the end.

Whouda thunk Skynyrd would ever perform on the Idol stage?



I never get tired of watching that.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... you're right. If asked, I would have picked Kelly's coronation as my favorite finale, but the absolute and contagious JOY from Bo singing with and accepted by HIS idols was truly a transcendant moment. Thanks for the memory!

12:49 PM, May 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great one.... hmmm finale moments... lets see, how about Toni Braxton trying to molest Taylor Hicks during their duet of "In the Ghetto"? Ha...

1:23 PM, May 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is pure unbridled joy on Bo's face! I love it! Now Bo was a performer!! Miss him...

lol @ tracy's comment above.

3:33 PM, May 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie and Rascal Flatts duet was pretty awesome too...

3:35 PM, May 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jennifer - It is about the only thing from Season Four that I remember.Whenever I see the commercial with Meatloaf I think about the night he sang with Katherin McPhee (Season Five finale) that was classic too. Not neccessarily good but memorable.
Connie

5:17 PM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

That moment is still saved on my tivo. What's more, I still watch it regularly. I love Carrie with Rascal Flatts, too, and how excited she looked to sing with them. But the closing number took the cake. Who ever thought Skynyrd would be a part of my favorite moments in idol history?

10:47 PM, May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!