Wednesday, May 14, 2008

setting the table: a SIMULBLOG!...

The end of another very long season is in sight, but not before we slash and dash the hopes and dreams of one more kid on the way to final week of the seventh season.

Because THIS is American Idol.

And this is a simulblog, which means I'm typing and publishing as the action is happening live on the east coast, so if you don't wanna know, it's time for you to leave. If you want to be totally spoiled - or bored - for the next hour, then hang out and chat!

After all we only have one more week left. And the show is about to start...
_______

Ryan tells us that 56 million votes were called in last night to decide the fate of the three remaining kids. Andrew Lloyd Webber is in the house, as are most of this season's contestants. Fantasia is also in the house and will be singing.

Syesha and the Davids combine because there ain't no stopping them now. Kool choreography and it helps that they've dropped about nine people, because this year's group sings have been nothing short of, well, bad.
_______

The crappy Ford commercial asks how far heaven is, as the kids dream about getting keys to Pontiacs. Just foolin'.

We get the recap from last night. And as soon as that's over, it's time to bring out Fantasia, because we have hometown visits to see! Fantasia has hair that is constantly changing color. Tonight it's kinda pink. Or orange. Depending on the angle of the light.

She's as shy as ever. I honestly don't know know what else to say about that appearance.
_______

The kids are backstage. Ryan calls Archuleta to the stage. We get to see his visit to hometown Murray, Utah. He went to his high school, the television station, the Jazz game and the Gateway Mall. And he cried. And he has a really cool mayor with a really cool moustache.

David says he's embarrassed about all the tearful footage, gets his reviews from the night before and gets his funeral video before he's even been declared dead. Smart move considering they won't have time next week to show each of the remaining kids' journeys, so they'll just do them tonight.
_______

Syesha Mercado is summoned. She says her trip home was "amazing." She visited the television station, the museum, hugged a baby or seven, got a parade, visited her high school and got to take a helicopter ride. She cried a lot too.

She is reminded of her reviews. Simon says Paula was too hard on her. Simon is so funny.

And she gets to watch her funeral video to the sound of Fantasia's crappy coronation song.
_______

David Cook is next. He says he didn't mean to audition, but to accompany his little bro Andrew, who gets called to the stage. The Cook brothers and Ryan get to watch his hometown highlight reel. David got to do the weather at the television station, surprise his elementary school music teacher, have a parade and throw out the first pitch at a Royals game. He cried too.

Cook gets reminded of his reviews. And he too gets to watch his funeral video.

The three kids are standing center stage as we get thrown to commercial.
_______

The kids are holding hands with Syesha in the center. Randy tells them they all did an amazing job. Paula pretty much repeats what Randy said.

The lights are dimmed. They're holding hands again. Ryan announces the two going forward, and their names are David.

Syesha gets to sing more more time, as we get reminders of her journey on the big screen behind her.

Syesha, you set the record for most appearances in the bottom and yet you hung in there. You are a fighter. And Broadway is waiting for you to finish that tour. Congratulations, well done and so long.

Please discuss!

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so Taylor Hicks gets knocked in the media day and night about his lack of vocals etc (which I totally disagree with). Fantasia sounded like some kind of wild animal that was being tortured. That was just horrible. Did anyone notice the jaw dropping look on Simon's face? You mean to tell me the media isn't going to jump on how bad she sounded? Oh man, that was painful.

9:19 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree wholly with the first comment.
fantasia was a trainwreck. i didn't get to see the simon wtf expression that everybody is talking about, i was too stunned by her performance. i don't remember her sounding so 'tortured wild animal'-like when she was on the show. what happened?!

9:57 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Syesha was not at all surprised to be voted off. She knew this was coming.

Fantasia was terrible and so was her hair.

How many times did Arch say "Gosh!"

I'm ready for David Cook to win next week!!!!

10:09 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasia SUCKED!!! and she look like hell. She does not have the kind of body to wear a skin tight cat suit. God it gives me hives just thinking about how bad she looked. UGLY!!!

How did she every get to be seasons three Idol????

Dori

10:09 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Simon's expression while listening to Fantasia! :) :)
I am proud of Syesha, she really showed grace in the way she left tonight. Go David Cook!!

10:18 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't understand hardly anything Fantasia was singing but she looked like she was having fun!!!

Go Cook!

10:33 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sure Syesha knew that she was going to be voted off tonight. After all, the other two have never even been in the bottom three, or two, or bottom anything. With this said, though, I'm sure she must have had a teensy weensy expectation that things might work in her favor, a bit of wishful thinking perhaps, and she was so classy the way she left tonight.
Syesha, get ready for a fantastic future in Broadway!

Archuleta vs. Cook next week:
COOK, hopefully.

10:57 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simon's facial expression was...priceless. You could just see the little balloon over his head with the "WTF was that?!!??" inside. It was like she was possessed. Holy crap. No wonder she was in a hurry to get off the stage after that.

I agree that Shyesha probably knew it was in the cards for her to leave tonight. I'm positive we won't hear the last from her. Broadway, anyone?

Go Cook!!

11:35 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Fantasia's performance tonight just proves everything I have been saying about her for the past 4 years! I can't stand her at all! I think all 3 judges were saying to themselves (and maybe each other), "Why the heck did we praise this girl so much in Season 3?" I agree that she shouldn't have been wearing what she was, but in her defense, she used to be thin, and it is tough realizing that you're not as thin as you used to be, and can't wear the same outfits you used to be able to wear. (Wow, did I just defend that "bobo"?)

Anyways, about THIS season's contestants:
Syesha definitely knew she was going home tonight. I think she even knew last night, cos she didn't get upset even when Paula made that comment about her not making it to the finals. She will definitely do well. She's a beautiful girl with a great voice and a lot of personality.

I should have counted the number of times David A. said "gosh", but I didn't. It's probably the only bad thing that kid says. I couldn't believe all the cheerleaders running after him at his school. They probably made fun of him when he was there pre-Idol. (I'm not making fun of cheerleaders, I used to be one, I'm just saying he was probably a quiet, nice kid that kept to himself and had only a select group of friends.) Now he's a star!

Ok, so my sister and friend were making fun of David Arch and Syesha crying through their home journeys, then Cook comes on and cries, and the two of them start crying with him. He's so infectious, it's crazy! I would love for him to win this whole competition and I know he would be so humbled about it. I'm just afraid that he's going to be stuck singing some stupid AI produced, contest-winning, sappy "I so proud to be here" song that no one will like. I honestly think that's something David Archuleta needs. If Cook is runner up, he can make the best album, and it will be exactly what HE wants. That doesn't mean I don't think he's better than David Arch, he surpasses him by far.

Next week is going to be a Season 2 repeat. Arch will win, even though Cook is more deserving, and even though my votes will end up going to the runner-up.

TEAM COOK!! (Ooh, maybe I should make t-shirts and sell them! Any takers??)

1:40 AM, May 15, 2008  
Blogger Sunshine said...

P.S. He made not be as cute as his brother, but Andrew Cook is hot too!

1:41 AM, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, on the subject of the Cook, anyone know why his Guitar has AC on it instead of DC?? that keeps bugging me :)

I sure hope DC wins, even if he might have a so so first album (though I'm thinking at this point, even Idol realizes they need to do albums that fit the winners). I just don't think DA is ready nor do I think his voice is finished changing. but maybe I just don't like his voice :)

JJ

2:54 AM, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AC is for his older brother, Adam, who is battling cancer. It could also stand for his younger brother, Andrew, whom we met tonight. And whom David stole the AI experience from on a whim! It reminds me of the time that Richie Cunningham went to Hollywood with Fonzie to lend moral support to the Cool One and be his scene buddy. Only Hollywood decided they liked Richie better.

So, I didn't know Chaka Khan wrote "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." *rolling my eyes*

Okay, Fantasia...I didn't understand a WORD of what she sang but I enjoyed the performance, nonetheless. She knows how to get the crowd going! But did you see Simon's face while she was performing??! LOL!! That was PRICELESS!!

Well, it looks like we all got our wish for a David x 2 Finale. I still hope David A. wins, cuz I want the Cookster to be able to make HIS album...not what the producers think will be the best. But if I were a betting gal, I'd say DC is going to win this thing. He's just got more experience and seems far more seasoned than the Arch.

We shall see. Cya next week!

4:08 AM, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasia looked like Ursula the Witch in the Little Mermaid!! BEFORE she stole Ariel's voice!! OMG.. that was horrendous!!!!
Syesha is one classy lady!! We'll be hearing about her that's for sure!!

9:33 AM, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am seriously not understanding something here...

Ok, out of the 8 posts here who mentioned who they wanted to win, how many wanted David Cook... Hmmm, let's seee... Oh, right, EIGHT. And I know a few people who watch this show and they all want DC.

DC is totally TCO. And he will win.

*sigh*

10:13 AM, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt like I was watching a drag queen show when Fantasia was performing.

And gosh I'm so surprised by the elimination - especially after Randy already told Syesha she was NUMBER THREE after one of her songs on Tuesday.

10:41 AM, May 15, 2008  
Blogger angelof_mercy81 said...

Syesha handled her elimination with dignity and class, more than I'd have been able to. Despite her ouster, I think the girl has a great future ahead of her on Broadway.

I actually noticed the "what the heck" look on Simon's face, and it was priceless. I wish I knew what was going through his head. I got the feeling that if she'd still been a contestant, he would have ripped her to shreds for that one.

On a different note, I'm looking forward to the finale. As Simon said, it promises to be a "humdinger."

11:16 AM, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. finally watched the show tonight.

DA "goshs" totalled 8, 7 during his home video, one once the camera returned to Ryan and him. And Syesha got in a couple as best I could tell :)

on the Fantasia issue, wow was that BAD!! My little kids were like, "how is she an idol? she's terrible. I can't understand a word she's saying." and I have to agree, that was incredibly terrible. If she had sung like that in the competition, she'd be gone immediately. yikes!!

As for who will win, I gotta think, if you consider last week, less than 1 million separated these 3, and with Syesha going, I'm guessing most of her voters go for Cook since they were voting not for Archeleta at this stage. I'm guessing jason and DA have the same sort of young kid type audiences and Syesha and DC have a more mature and/or more performance driven audience. So I'm guessing DC, if he "tries" to win next week, unlike it seemed Blake did last year. I get the feeling DC would actually like to win, and I think it'd be good for Idol to have a solid winner who might be a quality artist, even if they gum up the first album.

hopefully it's a fun show to end a ho hum season :)

JJ

12:39 AM, May 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!