Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CAUTION: song spoilers...

This entry will be updated as the Clive picks and the crappy coronation song titles are revealed.

But here's the scoop so far:

David Archuleta: Imagine, Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me and (coronation song) In this Moment.

David Cook: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Dream Big (coronation song), and The World I Know.

Other stuff:

David Cook's brother Adam, an attorney from Terre Haute, IN, will be in the audience watching, once again, his little brother. This time he's there thanks to the generosity of Cookie fans everywhere and an anonymous donor who helped foot the bill for the trip to LA.

Rumors are swirling that the two crappy coronation songs the Davids have chosen are Here I Am (Archuleta) and No Turning Back (Cook).

Sample of insipid lyrics:

Here I Am/My Arms Are Open Wide
Here I Am/I've Nothing Left to Hide
...I'm Where I'm Supposed to Be
Here I Am.

Poor kid.

A little better, but not much...

There's No Turning Back
Giving Me a New Sensation
Giving In to All Temptation
There's No Turning Back
Need to Feel Acceleration
Need to Feel the Elevation

Making me prone to hyperventilation.


Oh well. The coronation song isn't called crappy for nothing, I suppose.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, that sounds crappy!

it's hard to believe the season is almost (finally) over!

6:44 PM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I listened to both songs and after hearing them, I definitely know I want Cook to win. The song for Archuleta is horrible. The song for Cook is his style, but also has that sappy "winner's coronation song" style to it, too.

I was listening to a bunch of Cook's songs today from throughout the season, and as much as I like U2's Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I really think he should sing "Hello" tonight. It was my all-time favorite performance from him. Hopefully it will be on his debut album, especially since Lionel Ritchie even approved it.

I'm so excited for tonight, more so for tomorrow!!

6:55 PM, May 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! great pic... of the 2 davids.. I hope you don't mind, I copied them and posted them at my journal!!!

8:20 PM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope every one is voting like mad for Cook! He got the shaft from the judges tonight IMO.

9:12 PM, May 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know there are alot of David Cook fans on here - and it does not really matter to me which one wins - I like them both - But I did think David A. was very good tonight and if he wins it is because he really gave it his all.
Connie

9:25 PM, May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!