Sunday, May 14, 2006

sing, sing a song...

I normally don't list song spoilers unless I feel confident in their accuracy. However, it's down to the wire, the final three show, so I'm gonna tell you what's floating out there and let you decide how much confidence you want to place in the details.

Judges picks

Paula for Elliott =
What you Won't Do For Love by Bobby Caldwell. (verified)
Randy for Taylor =
You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker. (verified)
Simon for Katharine =
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (not verified but not refuted, so I feel very confident this is accurate. I have linked the Kim Locke rendition, mainly because it's the only one I have.)

Clive's Choice (confirmed titles in most recent entry)

Clive for Taylor = Walkin' in Memphis. (Now being refuted.)
Clive for Katharine = The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. (Being refuted.)
Clive for Elliott = No clue.

Personal Choice

Katharine = Man...I Feel Like a Woman. (Becoming less likely.)
Taylor = Try a Little Tenderness. (Not verified, but virtually certain. This was the song he had ready but was nixed the day before Love Songs night because it "didn't fit the genre.")
Elliott = I've Got a Woman (Seems to be yet another bogus lead.)

Remember, except for the two verified judges picks, these are still rumors. Personally, except for Taylor's personal pick, I don't believe any of them except the judges selections.

We should find out Clive's choices tomorrow before the show. We normally do.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding Katharine: My goodness, Simon, "Over the Rainbow"?? Really?? I mean, you don't think everyone in the known world hasn't heard that song just a few too many times? But Clive's pick, "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"... WOW. EXCELLENT choice. She could kill with this one, and I don't even really like her.

Taylor - Love Randy's pick and the personal choice, but I HATE "Walkin in Memphis" - what a BORING song. I hope Clive is not trying to railroad Taylor.

Elliot... Why so secretive Elliot?!?!? BUt a nice pick by Paula (finally).

By the way, have I ever mentioned that I LOVE THIS BLOG?!?!

jennifer, I saw that you mentioned that trend I had come up with on one of the blogs and... pathetically... I almost felt like I was famous. LoL!!! Seriously, what are we all going to do without you after the finale???

3:48 PM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger Nelle said...

From the start I have felt that Taylor would fit easily into Joe Cocker's shoes. I guess someone else noticed the similarity. I am eager to see that performance.

3:51 PM, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jennifer... I am loving all your entries as we wind down to the finale. You know where my votes go :huge grin: This may sound strange, but I will say it anyway. If Simon has selected Rainbow for Katharine I almost think he's setting her up to fail. At least by Simon standards. I can't imagine ANYONE performing that song as well as Shane Ward did in his finale performance on X-factor. Kinda makes me go hmmmmmmmmm. Your thoughts?

10:21 AM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe Simon picking that song for Kat, there are so many better songs for her, the Clive pick is great. I love the song for Elliott that Paula picked out, I hope he sings something besides "I Got A Woman", I could see Taylor singing that before Elliott. Joe Cocker for Taylor!, he's reminded me of him since day one, I'm actually shocked that he hasn't done one of his songs yet, he even moves like him. It should be another good night, can't wait!!! Love your site, and will miss it so much!

7:17 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I've been playing with those clues all day too. I think it is Open Arms. Crappy song.

I think the second is Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying, a 1959 song by Ray Charles.

8:44 PM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray had a little known version of the old Jimmie Davis hit "You Are My Sunshine"...

10:01 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

The clue that makes me think Don't Let the Sun is the one about "Trust me..." The last verse of the song is all about lying. And these Yamin clues have been so intricate all season, you have to suspect every comma. LOL

10:22 PM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Ray's version of "You Are My Sunshine".

Ray also did a song called "Sunshine" (apparently written by Mickey Newbury).

-- Allen

11:29 PM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh goody!!!! I wanted Taylor to sing "You Are So Beautiful" on Love Songs night. I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! that's one of his song for tonight! Expect it to be knocked out of the ballpark!

7:53 PM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!