Tuesday, January 29, 2008

ho hum...

I am still waiting for the audition episodes to leave and the Hollywood episodes to begin. Other than a few laughs from Philly and getting creeped out by stalkers of one sort or another, this year's audition episodes pretty much rank right up there (or down there) with all of the other seasons.

There have been a few promising singers but, as we all know, even the most promising auditioners often cannot handle the stress of Hell Week.

Meanwhile, while we wait for the real show to start, Randy Jackson is producing a CD, due out in March, featuring Paula's first single in, well, decades, already available on iTunes. And the best part - y'all do remember I'm a huge Elliott fan, right - it's going to feature an Elliott Yamin/Kat McPhee duet that Randy says will "blow people away." I'm ready to be blown away.

So while we wait, feel free to comment, complain, criticize, compliment or otherwise just chat in the comment gallery. I just can't bring myself to even begin to start.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Stalker song (available on iTunes as well) was the best thing so far. It's amazing to me that some people didn't see it as a set up right away. Not only is Idol planting good contestants, it's now planting bad ones. I think I see a shark in the water!!

7:35 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger jennifer said...

LOL Kristi. I wondered about those sharks last season. This season will be very telling.

8:24 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

I am only watching the audition episodes because I have nothing else I want to do right now. There are a lot of things I should be doing, or need to be doing, and they're all more worthy of my time that AI auditions.

See ya in Hollywood Jennifer!

10:36 PM, January 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These auditions have been lame. The bad singers have been BORING... not funny, most of them were an obvious and ridiculous waste of time. And we haven't seen enough of the good singers. The judges seem bored and tired of it all. I am looking forward to Hollywood. I wish they'd spend a lot more time on the Hollywood process and less time on the auditions. I think Hollywood week is the most interesting.

8:12 AM, January 30, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved me some Omaha! The first guy, Chris, was VERY entertaining!!!

9:29 AM, January 30, 2008  
Blogger MP said...

Kat and Elliot..sounds like a winner to me..that pop stuff doesn't work for me...at least out of her.

11:33 AM, February 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LaShaunda with Capitol Music here… Just wanted to give you the heads up that the “goodbye song” for this year’s American Idol - Hollywood Week will be from a new artist named Ferras.

You can learn more about him and see him perform the song, “Hollywood’s Not America,” here:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/02/ferras-idol-ame.html

We wanted to give you the inside scoop before his song debuts on American Idol this coming Tuesday, February 12th.

Thanks!
LaShaunda

7:24 PM, February 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!