Tuesday, May 16, 2006

news & notes...

Looks like each of the kids will have three phone lines from which to choose tonight, which, of course, will make it easier to hear something beyond that annoying busy signal and drive up those vote totals beyond comprehension.

Good news all around, I suppose.

And because they have to check those lines, of course a whole batch of devilish Idol fanatics are at the ready to dial the numbers, and with the kids themselves answering the phones in the latter stages of the game, it's pretty easy to figure out the order of performance.

Here goes...

Elliott has been, reportedly, assigned numbers 01, 04, and 07, which means he's first out of the box.
Katharine has been, again reportedly, since all I ever get is that annoying busy signal, assigned numbers 02, 05, and 08.
Which leaves Taylor with numbers 03, 06, and 09.

If they do line them up on three night according to vote totals, which I am convinced they do, and since Elliott outdistanced Kat in last week's voting, it appears as though the order is, as I assumed, based on totals throughout the season, rather than the most recent competitive night. (I presumed as much because in season three, Fantasia went from bottom two on four night to the middle on three night much like Katharine allegedly will tonight.)

So, naturally, tonight will spell the end of one of the "trends" that I'm so fond of. Because either we will have our first male third-place finisher or the person who goes first will, for the first time, make it to the finale. So long trend. Whichever one you are.

Six hours and counting...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been more into American Idol than I am this year and it's all because of you, Jennifer. You rockin American Idol chick! Thanks! I wish we could all get together and support Elliott tonight. I really am going to ball my eyes out if he does not make it. If he does, this will be like a sweet America hero story. I am so emotional about this. Blah!

2:34 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It better be the second trend that goes!!!

I am biting my fingernails here.

Can't wait for 8:00.......

3:03 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so nauesous Jennifer...I can't take it anymore! 5 more hours?!?!

I need more Lorazapem!

~V~

3:05 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy jennifer you really are obsessed by this aren't you!!??!! i'm glad to see i'm not the only nut out there! thank god this is over soon.

3:16 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

There's just something so genuinely warm about Taylor and Elliott's friendship that I don't see with Kat. I saw it last year with Bo and Carrie.

And I am completely rethinking my "Oh this is so much FUN" BS. I'm starting to get queasy too, and all I have to do is write!

Sometimes I hate this show. :D

3:25 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger lorguru said...

I just stumbled upon Elliot's own website, set up by his family. There is a feature for sending a message to Elliot. If anyone it interested: http://yaminmachine.com/yamessage.asp

Go Elliot!

3:49 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL, I know what you mean, jennifer, I'm getting sick over here... It's all your fault!! If not for this blog I would have stopped watching a while ago...

Also - I think all three of Clive's picks are HORRIBLE. Yay for the judges this year. Except Simon.

3:52 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

Simon thinks Elliott is going to get whacked this week.

According to the story above, he believes that Taylor is going to beat VCM in the finale next week.

3:53 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger lorguru said...

He's been wrong before, he may be wrong again!
Boo Simon, Boo.
Big, big BOO!

3:55 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I think Simon's endorsement is not welcomed by the Taylor camp. After all, he's been sooooo accurate this year.

Jeeze, didn't anybody actually WATCH that interview? Simon was trying to be funny, not about Taylor advancing and being the favorite to win, but about Katharine advancing all because of HIM choosing her song.

I gotta find that video somewhere. I stayed up special to watch it and everything, and I chuckled. The article fails to mention the praise he heaped on Elliott too.

Makes for good fires under Elliott voters' butts, though...

4:03 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger angelof_mercy81 said...

Thanks for the link to Elliott's page, lorguru! I'll have to check that out.

4:13 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger lorguru said...

I am wondering what the songs are that they chose for themselves? Anyone know anything? How about the order they sing the songs...like will their choice be first or last. I've never watched in the past. I guess I could wait to find out...but if anyone does know....???

5:24 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Check the most recent entry...

5:36 PM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!