Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the top 7: pass the popcorn...

It's Movie Night on American Idol!

Or, two hours before the performance episode, I might suggest it be called Adam Lambert night, as only Broadway night would be more up his alley.

Quentin Tarantino makes his first return since Season 3, but this time as the behind-the-scene mentor, as the kids choose songs from the movies, episodes of which historically have brought us some of the most memorable performances.

How much you wanna bet that Lil Rounds takes on Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing or something out of Dreamgirls? How much you wanna bet that she'll be the new VFTW princess?

The big question, though, is whether the judges/producers/director/host can bring the show in within its allotted time.

I will be curiously watching, and of course will tell you how much I hated pretty much everything, but not tonight. Tomorrow. But I'll be back live tomorrow night for the killing. So use up the comment threads to throw virtual tomatoes at the kids, at the judges (aim for Kara, please), at the sound guys, at Tarantino or at the mosh pit.

And check back in with me on Wednesday.

EDITED TO ADD: You want song spoilers? Check out MJ's Blog.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee-hee, virtual tomatoes!! I still have a habit of coming here for spoilers for the songs of the night. Loved your commentary! If someone chooses to sing that God awful Whitney song I will scream! Can't wait to see/hear Adam, he is the only reason I care this season.
L

6:54 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

Lil is the new VFTW princess unless someone screws up tonight bigtime.

Simon said something about only 2 judges get to critique? WTH It should be the Kara goes away and Simon critiques all and Randy and Paula take turns!

8:07 PM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

The sound guys and the directors should be fired.

8:14 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

Do not really like the team format. Just get rid of Kara!!!

8:20 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

Hated Lil, that was just bad! She should have never done Bette!

My faves-
Adam
Danny
Allison
Kris
Matt
Anoop
Lil

9:02 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lil was still better than Danny or Matt, who were just awful. Out of tune and boring. She was amateurish, but at least she did put the gospel thing into the song that I thought worked well with it.

....and they still ran over time.

b

9:07 PM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

Heaven forbid Seacrest talks less or they skip a commercial break!

9:10 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really time for Lil to go. Adam and Allison were my favorites, but all the rest were pretty good, too. Kris is soooo cute!

9:33 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't know any more....
On the whole, all of them were just meh, IMO.
No one grabbed my attention.
Lil is pretty much done, Simon gave her the kiss of death, VFTW favorite or not ( and I think all that's all overrated anyway.)
She could be the first contestant in the pimp spot who gets eliminated.
(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

9:47 PM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

Since season 3, the only person who has been eliminated from the Pimp Spot was Anthony Fedorov, and that was when there were only four singers left. I think there has been only one other person who was ever in the bottom 3 when singing last (although who it is escapes me at the moment; ask me again when I get home tonight).

10:00 AM, April 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!