Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the top 5: scooby dooby doo... (UPDATED)


It's final five week, and of course that means ten songs. And the songs will come from the big band standards made famous by that famous rat pack of guys who tooled and fooled around in Las Vegas back in the day: Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr., Peter Lawford, Dean Martin.

UPDATE: The kids will each sing ONE song. Obviously no one can be trusted to stick with the traditional two because with four mouthy judges, a mentor (Jamie Foxx) who must be featured in pre-performance clips and two days worth of commercials to sell, the show just cannot be completed in one hour. Geesh this show is sinking. (See commentary linked below.)

I can't wait to see the spin Adam Lambert is going to put on these classics. All of them, actually, should do quite well. I don't think there's anything Kris can't handle, and these songs are made for a piano man like Matt. Allison might be the one to watch, and let's hope she survives through to the final four, where "rock" is the theme.

Taylor Hicks is getting the invitation for tomorrow's results show, and by all reports, Daughtry is on tap to visit next week.

I'll be sharing my thoughts on the final five (and ranting if the producers can't bring the show in under an hour) tomorrow. Please stop by and rant with me.

I love these songs, so I'm looking forward to a treat.

While you're waiting for the show to begin, though, you might want to check out this assessment of the chaos that is Season 8. I can't help but agree with virtually every word.


2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I also read that this afternoon and I wonder if he were still around, would Nigel Lythgoe have made some of the same changes? There was certainly a lot of tweaking on his watch, but nothing so drastic as the judges's save or adding a fourth talking head to the panel.

The problem for Idol is that if they had done nothing, we would be complaining about how boring it is being the same show year after year.

7:32 PM, April 28, 2009  
Anonymous chrisROCKS said...

I, too, agree with every word in your linked article. Like the words heard round the world in 1912, "ICEBERG AHEAD!!"

And did you say that Daughtry is slated to perform next week?! *perk!* YAY-NESS!!!! Cuz like my nickname states: Chris ROCKS!!!

woohooo!!!

P.S. I LOVED tonight's show!!! I'll add more on your next entry. Right now, it's bedtime for Bonzo.

5:53 AM, April 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!