Tuesday, March 25, 2008

CAUTION: song spoilers...

Don't look if you don't want to know!

It's songs from the year they were born. Random thought: I have underwear older than these kids.


But...

According to TMZ, here are their choices:

Syesha Mercado: If I Were Your Woman (1987)
David Cook: Billie Jean (1983)
Carly Smithson: Total Eclipse of the Heart (1983)
Chikezie: If Only for One Night (1985)
Brooke White: Every Breath You Take (1983)
Jason Castro: Fragile (1987)
Ramiele Malubay: Alone (1987)
Michael Johns: We Are the Champions (1978)
Kristy Lee Cook: God Bless the USA (1984)
David Archuleta: You're the Voice (1990)

EDIT: And according to MJ the performance order is:

Ramiele
Jason
Syesha
Chikezie
Brooke
Michael
Carly
Archuleta
Kristy Lee
David Cook

Let's just hope for a flawless night of performances. And an end to world hunger.

Okay. Let's just hope not to fall asleep.

Are you ready?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - interesting song choices.
I cannot imagine what Billie Jean is going to sound like. I hope the 2 Davids do well.
Connie

6:34 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger jennifer said...

I'm especially interested in Ramiele's selection. She's creeping into Carly territory, and she's bound to be compared with Underwood.

6:38 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for me! I can't believe I got one right! What are the odds of that?

7:06 PM, March 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Cornell remade the song Billie Jean a few years ago. Here it is....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79b8Wu2LuHc

that is the version David Cook did. I hate that they didn't know that and made it seem like he was a genious. It was good but come on!!!! Give credit where credit is due.

9:36 PM, March 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I spelt genius wrong.. I was rushing...

9:37 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger jennifer said...

Ryan made it clear in the intro that it was Chris Cornell's version of the song. So credit was given for the arrangement was given this time.

9:38 PM, March 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then why did the judges call him genius for his take on it and what he did with it? They said he was brilliant for his take on it.

9:50 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I think they just meant it by saying that he was smart to do Cornell's rock version rather than the MJ pop version.

11:50 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger angelof_mercy81 said...

That's what I assumed too, Sunshine.

9:06 AM, March 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!