Wednesday, May 24, 2006

album reports, day two...

The season five compilation CD, launched yesterday, seems to be, as they usually are, climbing to the top of the selling lists, currently at #7 in sales at amazon.com, where its review will excite the fans of Paris, Chris and Elliott but not please the Soul Patrol.

Over at iTunes, where individual track downloads spell individual, as well as collective, success, nine of the 12 have cracked the Pop Download Top 100 list, and three of them have made it onto the overall top 100 list.

On the pop tunes list, as of 11 a.m. eastern, Chris is at #7, Taylor is at #18, Elliott's is right behind at #19 and Katharine is coming in at #23. Also on the chart are Ace at #35, Paris at #46, Pickler at #57, Melissa McGhee at #64 and Mandisa rounds them out, placing at #70.

Chris' track is #22 on the overall download list, followed by Elliott's at #62 and Taylor at #65.

I'll keep tabs on them as we approach tonight's finale, so keep checking this entry for updates.

UPDATE @ 2:50 p.m. On today's pop #100 downloads list at iTunes, there is some movement, but not a whole lot. Chris is currently #6, Taylor is #16, Elliott is #17, Katharine is still at #23, Ace is #32, Paris is at #42, Pickler is at #52, Melissa's moved a notch to #63 and Mandisa is #67.

On the overall download top 100 chart, Chris has moved to #19, Taylor is at #53 and Elliott is #56.

Keep checking back.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your last post i think ace's song was surprisingly good..i guess once you take away all those silly cameras looks and stuff he is a good singer.

1:22 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger lorguru said...

Well, I disagree about Ace. I listened to it and I thought it was even worse with out the "visual". Anyway, I think Taylor's song is great. It is my favorite on the CD, and I did listen to all the tracks. I can't understand why he isn't even placing with it. Maybe it is the song, but I still don't get it...I love the song. What gives?

1:24 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger lorguru said...

Oh, I also thing Melissa's is really good, I'm glad she placed.

1:26 PM, May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Elliott ahead of Taylor on the overall list but not the pop list? That doesn't make any sense. Clearly I'm missing something.

2:24 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I don't know, Laura. But my guess is that Elliott had such a head start yesterday that he hit overall sales, whereas the pop list is only for today. That's my guess.

2:47 PM, May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went out and purchased the CD and in my opinion, the two best tracks on there are Melissa and Elliot. Having been an Elliot fan all season, I'm glad to see him having success, and will be the first one in line to buy his album when it *hopefully* comes out!

3:46 PM, May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ace's version of Father Figure is fantastic. He brought it uptodate with his take on it.

3:36 PM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!