Tuesday, May 23, 2006

we interrupt this blog ...

I know we're waiting for tonight's final six performances and tomorrow's finale extravaganza, but, in case you haven't been keeping track, I thought perhaps some figures from today's release of the American Idol Season 5 CD, Encores, might be of interest.

As of 1 p.m., three of the crew have cracked the top 100 today's pop single downloads at
iTunes. And they show no indication that they're gonna slide anywhere but up as people keep downloading them. (By the way, the software is free, and the singles cost just $.99 and downloads do contribute to Billboard chart numbers.)

Chris Daughtry's track Wanted Dead or Alive is currently at #47. And Chris is flipflopping with Elliott Yamin, whose track Moody's Mood for Love is currently #52. Taylor Hicks is the only other of the 12 to be ranked with Takin' It to the Streets, currently sitting at #83 (just behind Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This, ironically).

UPDATE @ 1:51 p.m. Wow! There are some downloading foooools out there! Way to go. Chris has jumped now to #31, Elliott is now at #39, Taylor has vaulted to #54 and now Katharine McPhee's track Think is on the chart too, at #93. (Hey Bucky fans where are you?) I'll keep checking back. This could be more fun than rumor patrol.

3:00 p.m. UPDATE! Chris is now at #23, Elliott is at #34, Taylor is #50 and Katharine is at #82. (Hey Paris fans, where are you?)

4:30 p.m. UPDATE! Chris is at #20, Elliott's gaining ground on him though, at #24, Taylor is #40, Katharine is at #59 and (YAY!) Ace Young is in there too now, at #80 with Father Figure. (It's really one of the best tracks on the CD.) C'mon Kevin fan! Let's go!

11 p.m. UPDATE!! This is a good one. Chris, Elliott and Taylor have cracked the overall top 100 chart, not just the pop chart at iTunes. Chris is currently #33, Elliott is at #77 and Taylor is at #92.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take it those are just the numbers from within itunes? I usually use Rhapsody if I buy individual tracks. I don't remember them having any usage numbers but I'll have to double check when I get home tonight.


-- Allen

2:12 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I don't know about Rhapsody, but if you check, that would be terrific, so we can see how these guys are doing out there.

2:16 PM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Father Figure. It was my favorite song during the entire season (not performance) but song. He did it well. I can't wait to go home from work and hit iTunes. I am getting Father Figure and Elliotts song too.

4:07 PM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ace really did do a great job on that song. I may get his as well as Elliott's too,

4:41 PM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked Rhapsody. They have a top 100 list, but it sounds like it is only updated daily. None of the idol tracks on it at the moment. Plus I think it is just times listened to rather than purchases.

-- Allen

5:08 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

That must be why they talk about download popularity, they always go iTunes. I tried to check walmart.com, but it was down today.

5:11 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!