Wednesday, February 22, 2006

let's hear it for the boys...

It's a couple hours before the men take the little stage, and all I can think of is "they've gotta be better than the women were." After all, as a group, they can't be much worse.

Okay, I know they can be. But I can hope, can't I?

I think it's clear that the women have separated themselves into "will go" "won't go" and "might go" groups. Lisa Tucker erased any doubt I had about her advancement last night. Listening to her audio simply verified my assessment of her performance. So it looks like we've got a group of four (Mandisa, Lisa, Paris, Katharine) with a spot open for the six who will be left after tomorrow to mud wrestle for.

But there will be time to consider the women.

Let's get to the men already!!

Aside from Sway, who I just cannot get a liking for and Bucky and Bobby, who I just haven't heard, or if I have, I can't remember having done so, it's a good group of guys. I have to admit, I am suffering a mother-type of love for the youngsters, Will and Kevin. I so want both of them to do well. I don't care that much if they advance beyond tonight; I just want them not to freeze in the headlights, the way promising David Brown did last season.

And I admit, I have a not-so-motherly crush on Taylor Hicks. And on Chris Daughtry. And on Ace Young. They are pretty boys, and I like pretty boys. I just want them to sing pretty too, or else I'll turn on them in a way that would make Lorena Bobbitt blush. And I don't want to have to do that. (I'm still suffering from last season's memory of love turning to unlove for Anwar, after having thrown panties at the TV and everything.)

So, in order to make myself feel better, I will consider Tuesday an appetizer to tonight's main course. I still think this year is the year of the boy.

Please gentlemen (and Kevin and Will), don't let me down. And don't sing any Stevie Wonder songs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock! I think I enjoy your running commentary as much as I'm enjoying the show. Keep on!

8:57 AM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!