Friday, January 27, 2006

please join clark and williams...


Once again we have contestants being punted from American Idol, and we haven't even gotten to Hollywood yet.

Apparently the twins, Terrell and Derrell Brittenum, given a golden ticket in Chicago, have been drop-kicked from the competition, even though both of them have been released from the slammer. Both were set free early Sunday and planned to jet to Los Angeles for Idol business, lending a bit of credence to the rumor that the "chair episode" the selection of the top 24 may have been, indeed, filmed over the last week. (That the Brittenum twins made the top 44 is being widely and reliably reported.)

This, of course, is not the first time an Idol contestant has gotten a boot in the butt over criminal charges. In season two, Corey Clark was disqualified after not revealing pending criminal charges to producers. In season three, top 32 finalist Donnie Williams was ejected after a DUI arrest, before he ever got a chance to sing. (He was replaced, you may recall, by George Huff.)


tag: american idol

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Darn. I liked them too!

go figure..

Im digging the clap clip!!

GO CLAY!

4:13 PM, January 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reporting Jennifer!.. Hey I was wondering if you've heard or noticed who will be starring with Beyonce, Jaime Foxx and I think* Eddie Murphy in the movie production of Dreamgirls? Jennifer Hudson!!! who beat out Fantasia for the role btw! :wink: I thought Jennifer got the shaft in Season 3. Also, Diana Degarmo will take the broadway stage in the show Hairspray! I guess number one isn't always as important when you're destined to do great things! Have a great weekend!

2:17 PM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

Stuff like this makes me wonder what people are thinking.

For instance, if you know that you have a shot to be on American Idol, a show which has proven that they will dump people at the first sign of trouble, why would you do something stupid like get a DUI or engage in identity theft to buy a car?

If I were on the verge or making the voting rounds in American Idol, I would give my car keys and my credit cards to someone I trusted implicitly along with strict instructions to follow me around 24/7 and not to let me do anything stupid.

7:54 AM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger BP said...

I'm another self-confessed AI junkie...it's always entertaining stuff. Enjoyed the blog

11:29 AM, January 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this site!!!!

1:14 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!