Wednesday, April 30, 2008

the psychic network: a SIMULBLOG!...

It's over. Jason wins.

I read Paula's notes.

Okay so maybe not. But maybe Jason's done. We'll know soon enough who's living and who's dying.

Because it's execution night on American Idol!

And this is a simulblog, which means I'm calling the play-by-play, with a few snarky comments thrown in (okay, so maybe more than a few) as the action is unfolding live on the East Coast (or 2 hours ago in Paula-land), and I'm hitting the publish now button at every break, so if you want to know, stick around. If you don't want to know, go read the 16,593 reviews of Paula-gate. But come back and leave your thoughts on the saga of the final five.

Five will become four and the four are, reportedly, going to sing the "songs that shaped rock and roll." You're welcome David Cook. And since Neil Diamond is making the rounds, hawking his new CD, well, there will be a performance from him too. But he won't be killed. They did enough damage to the man last night.

Hold on to your coke cups kids...the show is about to start!
_______

Ryan tells us over 45 million votes were phoned in. On speed dial, I'm sure.

And we start with a top five group sing. Jason Castro starts with Cracklin' Rosie, handing off to Archuleta, who hands off to Cook, who gives way to the women and Song Sung Blue. And I finally get my Brother Love! And this group, after all these weeks, still cannot get the hang of group harmony. I liked it anyway.
Okay, well, I didn't hate it.
_______

Gina Glocksen and Constantine Maroulis are in the audience. They are not dating; they are working together. And Ace Young is there too, but Ryan passes him by because he has to hawk the Underwood stamp.

We get the requisite retrospective of last night's horserace.

And it's time to start the killings.

Jason Castro is called onstage. He's reminded of his reviews, psychic and otherwise, and he's told to head to the sofa of safety.

David Archuleta is summoned. Paula tells him he needs to have more fun. David tells her he will work on having fun. (One has to work at having fun?) He's safe, so he'll have six days to practice the fun stuff.
_______

After a display of the winning Coke cup design and a pimp for Nigel's dancing show, it's time to get back to why we're here.

David Cook is called to join Ryan. He is reminded that Paula anointed him the Idol (and she is psychic, you know). And, no surprise, David is sent to join the guys on the comfy couch.

Syesha Mercado and Brooke White are called out together. Fitting, considering they're this week's bottom feeders.

Both of them are reminded of their reviews, like they're going to get cut before Neil Diamond even makes an appearance. They're sent to the guys' side of the stage to wait it out. Brooke says no problem: "We'll stay as long as we can." Snarky Brooke. I like that.
_______

Natasha Beddingfield is there. She is singing. I like her, but I don't know why she is on this show.

They are taking phone calls. I don't know why. I didn't even miss them last week.

I just keep thinking about all this time that they're wasting that could have been really useful last night.
_______

The Idols are "catching the wind" in a very green Ford commercial. Al Gore will be pleased.

Time for Neil Diamond, because he has a new CD hitting the stores soon! The man truly is brilliant. Awww, his mom came to watch.

_______

Anyone who is paying any attention knows that, barring a shocker, we're headed for a David-squared finale, so the other three are toast, the only question is the order.

Both of the women join Ryan on stage, and he gives Brooke White the bad news. She starts to bawl. Kristy Lee is in the audience smiling. Everyone who rushed to save her last week went back to regular phoning. But she goes out on a strong performance. (We'll just agree to forget the other one.) She gets to watch her journey to the sound of Ruben.

Congratulations Brooke. You did well. Goodbye. And good luck.


20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?!
How can Jason Castro be safe?
I really hoped he would finally go home today...

9:21 PM, April 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara Miller is my favorite phone call. Not that I have liked any of the other ones. Please have her call back!

9:45 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Dave said...

It would be really, really funny if they bring her out at the finale!

9:49 PM, April 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most definitely, that would be awesome.

Julie

9:54 PM, April 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be funny if they brought her on, Simon would die if she were 500 lbs. lol

Dori

10:12 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I shouldn't have skipped the phone calls. Oh well! I think Syesha will be next followed by Jason. I don't think anyone will let David Cook get Daughtry'd. I'm hoping that
Cook will win. If it's that little, gasping, Up With People Kid, I'm not watching the show anymore! So take that Nigel and Simon! Who am I kidding? I'll be back next year with bells on, complaining the entire time and loving it!

10:20 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

I'll miss Brooke. She was my early favorite. Did you notice that David A. moved out of her shot as she sang her send off song tonight? Not only did he move, but he moved Sayesa out of the camera shot as well. The kid has class; next week he will get all my votes.
Tami from Texas

10:36 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Omotees said...

Should we REALLY be surprised that Brooke is out this week when she should've left the second time she stopped and restarted her performance?

I agree Jason had not been up to the mark this week and the last. But YES, I'm still glad that he hasn't been eliminated. Top 3 for Jason, please, pretty please!

I have to say that Syesha's getting a lot better in terms of performance but NOT at getting enough fans to support her. That's the sad reality. But hey, Daughtry is doing great even as the third runner-up, so who knows?

11:02 PM, April 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, finally, in the end, she sang the song the way it was meant to be sung...with tears and sadness. Au revoir, Brooke White.

1:16 AM, May 01, 2008  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I think Neil Diamond should have came back on stage and helped her sing the song. That would have been classy! Also, what the heck song was that Ford commercial? Normally, I think "meh" to them, but tonight I was extremely disappointed. Oh wait, this whole season is a disappointment.

David Cook can't win, because then he will be stuck making a horribly stupid album under Idol's terms. I'm hoping for a runner-up spot and making an awesome album that's totally his style.

2:17 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sunshine. I want David Cook in the final 2, but I do NOT want him to win. Leave that to the Arch. Daughtry benefited from being on the show, but winning the contest would have guaranteed a crappy album. As it is, his self-titled cd totally ROCKS! I want the same thing for David C.

You know what would be my happiest of happies? David Cook opening for Daughtry. ohhhh MAN!!! what a concert that would be!

So, I was a little surprised that Jason was safe, but I'm not sorry to see Brooke go. She really was ready.

By Brooke. Good luck to you.

3:59 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the question is, who'll get Brooke's votes? Will they go to Syesha because she's the lone girl left in the competition? Or will they go to Jason because he's the other folk-singer?

5:18 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think Jason should go next and Syesha should be 3rd. Syesha has performed better than Jason the past couple weeks and Jason hasn't had a song be good in a while now. Heck he should have gone before MJ and KLC derrr


as far as Brooke voters, I guess they go some to Archie and some to Syesha. I wouldn't expect a large portion to go to Jason, but then again, I have a brain and it seems many of the voters don't, or at least they are missing ears :) haha

JJ

10:57 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daughty was #4 and he's doing great. Sunshine and Chris (rocks) your right if he had won they would of had him make their crappy CD.

It was time for Brooke to leave, now the question is who will get her votes and who will leave next. Its got to be a toss up between Jason and Syesha. Jason needs to get his act together next week. I think Syesha's has improved over the last few weeks, but without sounding like Simon she's do better on broadway. I actually think she's be great.

So, for sure it will be between the two Davids, YES! It will be a great final. I like them both so much. David C because he's sooooo cool, and David A because he seems like a sweet kid,(must bring out the mom in me). lol

Next week we get to see Bo, and Maroon 5!

Dori

11:14 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Jason was safe (although, politically, after Tuesday night's big blunder, I don't think it would have been any other way. It would have looked pretty bad to have him leave at that point).

Week after week, I'm interested to see Jason and also see what David Cook does. They're both great. Jason might not be able to belt out a broadway showtune, but so what..that's not why I buy an album--it's the musicality, personality, and human connection that counts. He's got all of those.

The rest of the contestants--forgettable or too close to a mental breakdown to enjoy watching. Syesha has gotten interesting lately--but I would never buy her CD> I'd go see her on a broadway stage tho!

11:16 AM, May 01, 2008  
Blogger Jenna said...

Gosh. I just have this creepy weird feeling that we're going to see Jason in the finale and that one of those Davids might go off in the #4 shocker. The thought of that makes me sad but someone (somemillions) are pulling for Jason. God knows why!

11:22 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prediction: Brooke White will have a more successful singing career than will any of the remaining four or, for that matter, the winners of the last two seasons. Reason: When she is "on" she sings with real emotion that reaches out to the audience. Granted, she has also had some stinky performances. But when your making an album, the producer will eliminate anything stinky and the director and sound mixer will ensure that any start-stops are duely erased.

Actually, she reminds me a bit of Karen Carpeter who, I am sure, would never have come close to winning American Idol given the current format of the show. It may take Brooke a while to get some traction in the business, but when she does she will be quite successful.

11:52 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, When I read what you wrote I didn't know what you were talking about. I just watched UTUBE's clip of Brooke from last night and saw what you mean.

David A, is a sweet kid. He didn't want to take the spot light from Brooke. He even pulled Syesha away. Then David C get the hint, but Jason never did. lol

Dori

3:51 PM, May 01, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

I finally realized who Jason reminds me of....Vinnie Barbarino!

A character played by a young John Travolta from the 70's television show "Welcome Back Kotter." The voice, the physical stance, and the even the hair. Vinnie didn't had dreads, but he has the "best" hair the kids on the show. I know Vinnie sang once or twice on the show, I'll try to find a clip.

Vinnie was too cool for school then, and Jason is too cool for AI now!

Tami

10:42 PM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami said:

"I finally realized who Jason reminds me of....Vinnie Barbarino!"

LOL! That's hilarious! So then who would be Juan Epstein, Horschack, and Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington? lol I'm totally cracking up!

4:17 AM, May 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!