Wednesday, March 21, 2007

10 for the tour: a SIMULBLOG!...

It was a British Invasion, of sorts, and not a Beatle in sight last night as the 11 remaining finalists worked with two of the best mentors to date.

But we all know the rules, and the rules are that somebody's gonna die, get drop-kicked to the curb, or to the nearest bus station, and the 10 remaining after the funeral video know they're gonna be spending a lot of quality time together all summer. With an endless supply of PopTarts.

Because THIS is American Idol.

And this is a SIMULBLOG, where I'm typing as I'm watching with a publish at each important break, so if you don't want to be spoiled while you wait for the broadcast in your neck of the woods, this might not be the best place to be for awhile. Just be sure to come back and leave your thoughts.

Ryan introduces the highlights from the night before, complete with crying little girl Ashley as the main attraction. And then he introduces Peter Noone who performs A Kind of Hush. Oh how I love Herman and his Hermits! The man sounds miles better than last week's Diana Ross pitchy display.

FORD COMMERICIAL! That one was cute. It's Another Saturday Night and the kids are destroying a laundry.

Time for results!

Phil Stacey is told to stand. So is Melinda Doolittle. And Blake Lewis.
They get reminded what they performed and are told they all are safe.

The next three told to stand are Chris Sligh, LaKisha Jones and Jordin Sparks.
They are not in the bottom either.

Sanjaya Malakar, Haley Scarnato and Gina Glocksen are told to stand.
They're not in the bottom. Hugs everywhere! Somewhere little Ashley is crying.

Chris Richardson and Stephanie Edwards are told they are the bottom two. Well, that was an interesting way to send kids to the seal.

Lulu is coming up next...

It's time for the American Idol Challenge where people who've never watched the show can actually WIN! Choose A!!

Ryan does another pitch for Idol Gives Back. He's hitting up corporate America for big bucks.

YAY! It's Lulu with one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite movies, To Sir With Love.

With less than three minutes till the credits roll, this is gonna be quick...

It's Chris Richardson and Stephanie Edwards on the firing line. They each get reminded of their reviews, and after 30 million votes, Chris is sent back to safety.

Stephanie gets to watch her journey, she wipes her tears, and they don't even pretend that they're gonna let her sing.

So long Stephanie.

Please discuss.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what do you guys think of the top 10? Don't know if I would spend $$$$ to see this group perform in the summer tour. To, to, to many weak and weird links for me. How do the rest of you feel?

9:39 PM, March 21, 2007  
Blogger Dave said...

Do you think they're not letting the eliminated people sing themselves off because of the Alaina debacle? Or are they just running out of time?

9:57 PM, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen some sites saying that apparently Stephanie had throat problems and that was why they didn't have her sing out. Brandon did sing out supposedly but only after they had ran out of time.

Allen

10:14 PM, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're definitely stuffing a LOT more into the 30 minute shows than they used to. They probably just don't have time to let anyone sing.

By the way, I would definitely spend $$$ to see the top ten in tour. They might not be as collectively as talented as last year...but they are just as entertaining.

I mean...who doesn't love laughing at Haley and Sangi. I just punched myself in the face cause Sanjaya is a really nice kid and I shouldn't be making fun of him.

10:20 PM, March 21, 2007  
Blogger Chipperprime said...

I had expected Phil to go this week.

My predictions for the bottom three (Phil, Sanjaya, and Stephanie) were wrong.

Of course. . . if Sanjaya or Phil were in the bottom three I stand a chance of having 2/3 right!

10:26 PM, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jordin hopefully will reign in the end ahead of, in order, my opinion Melinda, Blake, KiKi, Chris Sligh. I do hope Sanjaya outlasts Glocksen, Richardson, Haley and Gina because he has a natural voice just no experience in projecting or performing...he will grow and it would give many young artists courage as he has shown so much COURAGE and CLASS despite the sharks circling with such enoyable put downs...thank God for Jordin tonight....she will go down in Idol's history as one of their brightest discoveries. svg

10:42 PM, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little surprised, and would have preferred to see Chris go out of those 2, but from a ticket selling perspective, it's probably better to have Chris and Sanjaya still around :)

BTW, did anyone notice who was sitting behind Peter Noone last night? When they came back from commercial, to intro Sanjaya, Ryan walked down to chat with Peter, and sitting directly behind Peter was fellow Britian David Ian, aka the guy bankrolling Grease on Broadway and behing the Grease show on NBC :)

Now, why wouldn't Fox have let Ryan say hi to him too?? hmmm ...... hahaha

10:46 PM, March 21, 2007  
Blogger DrillerAA said...

They have definitely been running out of time, and, we've been fussing for three years about the silliness of letting the worst performer re-create the song that got them booted. We can't have it both ways. It may be that Steph and throat problems, but they did get in two guest numbers, and a Ford video. AI has not been the best managers of time this season.

I had originally predicted, like Chiperprime, that Phil might go tonight. However, I think people voted for him in hopes of sending Sanjaya home. I do think Sanjaya will be gone next week. He has outlived his usefulness. All kidding aside, he has made the top 10, which puts him on the summer tour, which will sell Hello Kitty tickets by the thousands. AI has no further use for him now, so look for him to get his boarding pass to LAX next week.
Haley has become the sleeper in this mix. She will not win, but as long as she is willing to occassionally show some cleavage, a bare back, and a lot of leg, she will be here long after Gina is gone. Haley did everything but give Simon a lap dance last night. He was using his coke cup to catch the drool. There is a boat load of guys out there dreaming about Haley and they will vote for her.

11:06 PM, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, aside from Sanjaya, I'm going to miss anyone else who gets kicked off, I really like them all.

Phil, though, desperately needs some hair, or at least a good hat cos his looks really freak me out. He does not look good bald.

1:46 AM, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very disappointed that Stephanie went before Sanjaya. Seriously, what is wrong with America?!?!

5:24 PM, March 22, 2007  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I'm not surprised one bit that Stephanie was voted off. She sang one of my favorite songs absolutely horribly. Does anyone remember when Nadia Turner sang YDHTSYLM? Now, THAT was a performance!! Unfortunately, Nadia fell into the same trap as a lot of good singers...she was too unique. They keep saying they want the American Idol to be unique and one of a kind, but that's not true. They just want someone that can make them more money. I'm sorry but, as awesome as Melinda and LaKisha are, they just sound like another set of plain strong voices. If I heard one of their songs on the radio, I wouldn't know who was singing. I couldn't even recognized Chris Daughtry's voice the other day, except I have Sirius so his name came up and that's how I knew. Blake is the one who should get the title this year, even Gina is so much different than the rest. (And yes, as a rocker chick myself, I loved her performance on Tuesday. Rockers can be a little "pitchy" because they can do whatever they want!) They both have original voices that are recognizable. As much as I wasn't really a Taylor Hicks fan, I thought he was so much different than the rest so he deserved to win. Same as Carrie, being the first country winner, her voice is much different than any other country singer and very recognizable. Okay, I'm done venting for tonight. Anyone know what the theme is next week? If so, let's discuss!!

6:20 PM, March 22, 2007  
Blogger jennifer said...

Next week's theme: songs from the 1990s. Gwen Stefani (I think) is the guest.

6:49 PM, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie did sing.
My poor sweet baby.
She appeared on Idol Chat (Fox Reality)

She could not finish as she became emotional.
Getting beat out by Sanjayah is an insult IMO.

8:11 PM, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm 0 for 2 in my line-up.

Stephanie didn't shine like she could have on Tuesday night. I'm not surprised she went home. But I AM vexed that Sanjaya didn't!

grrrrr......

(no, no...you promised you weren't going to get emotionally involved this year!) *deep cleansing breath*

12:20 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Nelle said...

Wondering if anyone else but me ever saw the movie "To Sir With Love". I enjoyed LULU.

5:44 PM, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nelle, I've seen "To Sir With Love", but it was a long time ago. I thought Lulu was good too, she really seemed to enjoy the kids. British invasion week was a good one! Dori

2:03 PM, March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!