Tuesday, May 19, 2009

adam and kris steal the stage...

Well, it's finally here. Kris and Adam. Adam and Kris.

It's been a long road, but it's almost over.

The two take to the Nokia stage tonight to perform three songs: a Simon Fuller choice, their own favorite from the season (Mad World and Ain't No Sunshine), and the crappy coronation song (a Kara masterpiece). Kris won last week's coin toss, and has elected to close the show. Hopefully the judges will keep their comments fair and just let the voters decide for themselves.

Also, as is traditional the night before the finale, Carrie Underwood will be on hand to sing the funeral song we've come to know all season as we watch the show-ending montage of Kris' and Adam's journeys to this final night.

There are spoilers running amok about tomorrow night's finale. Some of the names being bandied around: Jason Mraz, Lionel Ritchie (dueting with Gokey), Cindi Lauper (dueting with Allison), Keith Urban (dueting with Kris), David Cook, Santana, Queen Latifah and Black Eyed Peas. For all of the latest (and most reliable) spoilers regarding tonight and tomorrow, check in with MJ, who's always the first with the news.

Until then, I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on the night. Feel free to have a season-ending party in the comment section and in the shoutbox as we all look forward to two great guys, two fantastic singers, two obvious friends closing out season eight in fabulous fashion. How nice it will be for me to love equally both remaining contestants. I think that's a first.

See you then!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

I agree that this is the first year I have really liked both finalists!

7:52 PM, May 19, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

I liked Bo & Carrie and Clay & Rueben. I would have been happy if either of those seasons had come out differently.

8:06 PM, May 19, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

I really enjoyed tonight and can't wait for tomorrow!

9:05 PM, May 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh.... Kara's song was BLECH.
I didn't like Adam or Kris' versions.
I really don't care who wins, I like them both.

9:10 PM, May 19, 2009  
Anonymous Julie said...

I agree it was not good, I think even Simon went there!! But the rest was good. I'm going to pretend they only sang two songs tonight.

9:14 PM, May 19, 2009  
Blogger Dave said...

Kara's song was craptacular, even by the already low standards of Idol.

9:17 PM, May 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely no doubt about it. Adam blew Kris out tonight. No pun intended !

2:47 AM, May 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Thanks Rob for the awesome image!